Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old October 10th, 2009, 12:53 PM

Default My legs hurt when I jog

I really don't like to jog, but it's the only form of cardio I can really get since I can't go to the gym at this time. However, when I jog, my feet and calves really hurt after 10-20 minutes of running, and I'm even wearing shoes with special inserts for those. Any advice on how to solve this or to not make it hurt?
Old October 12th, 2009, 10:22 AM

My personal advice to you would be to do extensive stretching before and after you run. By stretching you loosen up your muscles and cause them to relax and in a some ways prepare them for the work out. When you're finished with the work out and you stretch again you are relaxing you muscles and its sort of like cooling them down after the workout. Try it and see what happens.
Old October 12th, 2009, 05:11 PM

maybe you have shin spilts ?? haha .. idunno i cant really explain the pain because i have never had it my self.. but i remember my dad complaining bout it.. when he ran on like.. sidewalks
Old October 16th, 2009, 05:23 PM

Default Streching and eating bananas

I agree that streching and warming up are very important. Also, dont push yourself too hard. When it starts to hurt, slow down. Listen to your body, it will tell you when something is wrong. A lot of muscle cramps happen because our bodies are not getting enough water and some nummy minerals that come in bananas. Try making sure your drinking enough and warm up, then make sure you cool down as well. Cool down is when you 'walk' for a little while after you ran instead of falling back into bed after a good run. Hope that helps.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 03:58 PM

Yeah I think just take it easy like when your going to go jogging maybe start off slowly like first with walking then fast walking then slow jogging. Like ease your body into it. prepare your body for what is coming. and I agree on the stretching part before you start running and also after running. just take it easy dont push your body too much.
Old October 31st, 2009, 04:32 PM

I agree, you simply need to take it easy, stretch, and go slow.

I remember there was something about the way you land on your feet when you jog, like you're not supposed to land on the ball of your foot when you were running. However, I'm not sure how that would effect your leg.
Old November 11th, 2009, 02:11 PM

Stretching before working out is very important. It helps loosen up your muscles in preparation for the run. Not to many people bothers with stretching but it really makes a difference...you don't even have to stretch for a long period of time...
Old November 25th, 2009, 01:53 PM

You gotta stretch. if you don't stretch, the possibility of tearing your muscles is increased. I'm not sure how much, but it's still a risk I wouldn't take. Also, I think the way you run and land on your foot is also important. I ehard landing on the ball of your foot is not good since it makes a stronger impact and could potentailly hurt your foot. At least, that's my experience.
Old December 1st, 2009, 01:25 PM

maybe you have shinsplits.. alot of ppl get the from running on like cement.. i know my dad has them but he use to play soccer and now when he runs on concrete he complains about his shins.. and how he need to wrap them..i hears its painful.. im sorry lol
Old December 1st, 2009, 03:26 PM

wow that is a problem i have had this problem before the only thing was it wasnt my leg it was my back that was hurting when i ran i would get a numb tingly sensation because my nerve was getting pinched by something in my back which was causeing all the problems you might want to go and check with your doctor and see what they can do.