Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Hair & Nail

Old October 9th, 2009, 01:53 PM

Default diy at home acrylic nails..

has anybody tried to do their own acrylic nails.. my friend bought a "kit" to do nails at home and she said it was super easy so i was wondering if anybody else had tried to do their own at home nails.. i have all the paint and stuff to paint them and give them designs i just need to know if i should spend the money and start doing my nails myself at home.
Old October 9th, 2009, 03:27 PM

I actually never did my nails myself except the simple regular nail polish but my friend does hers at home and I think it looks really good. I mean I think she is a real professional at doing nails. they look really good and the designs are really good. So i think go for it since you know how why spend the money going to nail salons when you could just do them at home
Old October 12th, 2009, 10:42 AM

Back when I had time to do my own nails I bought a special kit with different colors and brush sets type things. My nails looked pretty good once I got the hang of if. I even did some of my friend's nails for them. I found it easier to "decorate" the acrylic nails because they look nicer and last longer. I think you should buy the kit but it might take some time to actually get the designing down.
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:34 PM

i agree they actually sell special nail polish that comes in skinny bottles and it has a skinny wand brush and it makes for decorating nails easy.. the hard part for me is getting a steady enough hand to do the acrylic nails at home i can get one hand to look good and everything but the other hand comes out looking like monkey poo.. haha like my neice says.. i dont think even the homeless lady would like them.. o well at least shes honest.
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:31 PM

Default lol

Im sorry that the homeless lady doesn't like your nails. Im sure they aren't that bad! You can get premade fake nails, called press ons and use those and save yourself a lot of trouble. What I've doner for friends is pick out the right sizes (they give you mnay sizes to pick from) and file it down on the corners to give it a better fit. Also, make sure you wash your hands well and push back any skin. Then glue them on, thats all it takes and you have nice nails in less than 10 minutes!
Old October 21st, 2009, 11:06 AM

I actually bought my own do it your self acrylic nail set and did my own nails for prom. Its very easy to do and took me less than fifteen minutes to put on. I bought the ones that already had designs on them. At prom all my friends thought that I had went out and got my nails professionally done like they had and were suprised when I told them I did them myself. Now they all bother me wanting me to put their nails on for them. After showing most of them how to do it the first time they get the hang of it. Its not that complicated and saves alot of money.
Old November 12th, 2009, 05:47 PM

i always wanted to give those do it yourself acrylic nails.. but they seem like they would be pretty hard.. do you guys buy the whole set that comes with the long nails that you have to cut to the size you want? do you guys prefer the white tips or the clear tips?
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:06 PM

i saw these kits that you guys are talking about i saw them at cvs. i was thinking about buying them.they look super easy i think i would be able to do it my self. i seems really easy and ive been practicing on doing the whole french tip designs on my own nails so i think i would totally be able to do my own nails.. i am asking for them for christmas because it seems soo easy. lol sounds silly "asking for them for christmas" but my parents still buy me things.. haha
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:02 PM

ive tried to do my own at home nails but they really do not come out as nice as the ones at the nail shop. i have had my friends daughter whos learning to do nails do mine and they come out way better so i just stick with her daughter or having the nail lady do them simply because they last much longer and they do look A LOt better than when i attemp to do them.. i mean the kit is great when u break a nail or need to re do them quick but otherwise i would keep going to the nail lady.
Old January 20th, 2010, 02:38 PM

I think its worth it. It saves alot of money if you know how to do stuff yourself. I do my own when I have time and they look really nice...I'm always getting compliments and people ask me what salon I go to and don't believe me when I say that I did them myself. I'm trying to grow out my nails though so hopefully I get them long enough that I can just paint the designs with out the acrylic