Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old November 16th, 2009, 01:13 PM

just dont be a crazy pagent mom.. i alwasy watch those shows on tv about little beauty pagents and let me tell you sometimes the mother doesnt knwo when to stop.. so just alwasy remember when its no longer fun got the daughter
Old November 17th, 2009, 06:57 PM

being a pagent mom can be tough, just remember your daughter is young and kids deserve to go out side play and your cant keep them bubble wrapped so they dont mess up their bodies bfor their pagent. i remember my friend wasnt allowed to play outside the 3 days before her pagent because if she got scrapped up then the judges wouldnt wanna choose her so she had to stay inside poor thing.
Old December 21st, 2009, 03:18 PM

I know that beauty pageant moms have been getting a bad rep from practically everywhere. Some people dont understand that some little girls actually like doing it and they have fun doing it. My mom had a rough go trying to get me to wear dresses when I was younger so appearently I'm not one of those girls. One of my friends were and when she talks about her pageant competition you could tell it was one of the highlights of her childhood. So if your daughter wants to do it continue to encourage and support her. As long as your not forcing her to participate and she's having fun and enjoying herself when she does thats all that matters.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 11:45 AM

there are so many people who give pagent moms a bad rep, i remember growing up when i did pagents i loved being there, i loved getting all done up wearing the fancy dresses, being on stage infront of an audience. these are all things that have made me who i am today. i have no problem getting up infront of a large crowd and giving a speech, i enjoy all the accomplishments i have done while being in the pagents and after im still asked to do events and other things. i encourage parents to put their children into pagents if the child shows any intrest. to this day i still thank my mom for letting me do pagents.
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:22 PM

well ive seen alot of these child pagents on tv lol and i noticed one thing.. if the child wants to do it and enjoys it.. then let them do it. but once they start to cry and scream and act out then thats when enough is enough some mom just get too much into and forget about whats best for there child. so just remember that.. also other then that i hear they are great self esstem boosters
Old January 5th, 2010, 12:01 PM

i couldnt agree more.. i think its okay if the the child wants to particpate in the pagents but once its becoming something that the child hates and is screaming becasue they dont want to get a spray tan then thats when i say okay thats enough
Old January 15th, 2010, 02:23 PM

children should be able to participate in anything they want long as its something healthy for the child, i think pagents reinforce the sterio typical thing that pagent girls are obsessed with their appearence. but pagents actually do alot of good for girls teaches them public speaking skills, teaches them to have self confidence. if you child wants to do pagents i say go for it.
Old May 7th, 2010, 12:50 PM

when i was little i was in pagents all the time and i loved it. some pagent moms took it to the extreme making their child do all kinds of cosmetic things telling them that they always need to look their best when i was little my mom did my hair and makeup. the only tan i had was from my bathingsuit during summer other than that i was my natural color. i would put my daughter in pagents if she ever wanted to be in one.
Old February 14th, 2011, 01:55 PM

i watch that toddlers and tiara's show.. well i have seen a few episodes and its pretty enterainting but for the most part its the mothes who are crazy i feel like they are trying to live their dream through there daughters or something... its sad when you see the little 1 yr olds out there.