Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old October 9th, 2009, 12:33 PM

Default child beauty pageants?

Im thinking about putting my daughter into a pageant and im hearing about so many diffent things about putting her into them.. alot of people are telling me its child abuse while others are 100% for it. i think she could win but im alittle worried about putting a 3 year old on stage and dressing her in more make up than i myself would wear..a friend of my has offered to let us barrow one of her daughters old pageant dresses so we wouldnt have to buy a brandnew one for the first time. i would like your feedback. thankyou.
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:14 PM

i think it would be a good idea long as your daughter seems intrested... never force her into pagents ive seen so many little girls cry and say i dont want to do pageants anymore and their moms telling them to just do what they were told to do and they the would talk about it later.. i wish when i was younger my parents would have put me into pageants but they didnt, they found them to be a negative thing and to be fake and that it would only teach your child that beauty is only skin deep. they disagree with child pageants.
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:47 PM

it all just depends on why your looking to put her into pagents..so many parents try to live threw their kids so they force them into modeling and other things the children are not intrested in and then it becomes a chore for the kid then its not about fun but having to impress your parents. which i personally feel is really wrong. if its something she wants to try then great.
Old October 15th, 2009, 05:58 PM

yeah i seen that on tyra where moms are trying to live through their kids. well let's just put it this way.. what are the real reason why you are doing this? if it's all for fun and games for your little girl to experience than i say, go for it. if you don't feel comfortable with putting heavy makeup on your babygirl, then you should consider those little girl pageants that use no makeup at all. the natural pageants.
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:11 PM

I dont see anything wrong with it if thats what your daughter wants to do. Most people see it as a bad thing becuase they have no inside experience of what its like to compete in something that you love. Pageants to me help build self esteem and poise so if you're daughter can get that instilled in her at an early age good for her!!

I think you should do it as long as it makes both you and your daughter happy.
Old October 27th, 2009, 05:19 PM

well my daughter loves to do pagents and i support her compleatly.. we have been to a few pagents.. she loves to get all dressed up, have her hair done and all her makeup done. we get her nails painted and sometimes we do a spray on tan.. ( never a tanning bed) and yes she does wear flippers. ( basically a retainer with teeth.) i think its fine and she loves to help pick out her outfits.
Old October 30th, 2009, 03:35 PM

I think child beauty pageants are just a little too much. I mean its like they aren't even kids anymore. they get tans, fake teeth, fake eyelashes, and loads and loads of makeup. I think it just not good for them especially all that makeup that can't be good for the skin. I am personally against it but I guess if your child really wants to do it I think maybe just try it out once and see how it goes. i mean i think trying things out to see how it goes will allow you and her to find out what she really is interested in.
Old October 31st, 2009, 06:02 PM

Personally, I think that a beauty pageant isn't so bad. I would see how your child feels about it just based on what they say (If they are aware), or if they exhibit signs of disagreement during the show.

Otherwise....I would just try and listen to your child to be honest and see if you're okay with it, and if she is.
Old November 9th, 2009, 02:19 PM

I think ideally its up to what you think is best for your daughter and if your daughter wants to participate in pageants. If she enjoys doing it and wants to continue doing pageants and things like that and its a possitive experience for her. then by all means let her do it. Especially if its something that both you and her can enjoy together. If you're not forcing her then I dont see the negative for it.
Old November 16th, 2009, 12:40 PM

i dont see anything wrong with it.. as long as its not too overboard and your daughter wants to do it.. never force her to do anything she doesnt to do.. but yeah i think pageants will giver her more cofidence and bring her selft esstem up.. just remember know when enough is enough.