Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old October 6th, 2009, 03:56 PM

Default fruits

i love fruits but it seems like i never have time to sit there and enjoy one. i need all the fiber i can get. i recently got the magic bullet. and i was wondering if i blended all the fruits together.. will it be just as healthy as eating an actual fruit? wil i still get the fiber i'm looking for?
Old October 10th, 2009, 01:00 PM

Magic Bullet?

As for blending all the fruits together into a smoothie type of drink, I don't think it'll be as effective. Maybe if you blended them yourself, it probably will still be pretty effective, but I think it's better if you ate them seperately. The smoothie places that are supposed to be healthy, I don't know about them.
Old October 15th, 2009, 04:35 PM

I know those smoothie places don't have all the fibers you're looking for. most of them are just powdered.. anyways, the magic bullet is a good way to blend your fruits together. but as for getting fiber.. i believe you can only get that when you eat the fruit itself.. i love fruits! enjoy!
Old October 16th, 2009, 05:20 PM

Default Oh yea

making smoothies at home yourself is far more healthy than going out and buying them on your own. make sure your not skipping out on all the good parts of the fruit. Leave on the skins, for example, because a great deal of the fiber comes from there. Also, try adding fiber rich yogarts into the smoothie in place of milk. If that isnt enough, you can also buy fiber powder from your local health store and add that in.
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:40 AM

I have a magic bullet too. Its amazing!!

I think that blending the fruit together in the bullet is fine...its the same as eating it its just in a different form. Everyone has their prefrance about how they eat when it comes to eating health. All that matters is that you're actually eating it. Also you can try drinking V8 the fruity one the vegetable kind doesn't taste as apeitizing.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 03:43 PM

I think that it will be about the same as long as you dont really add too much of anything else like of course dont add a bunch of sugar because that would just make it unhealthy. But yeah I dont I think that of course if you had time to eat a whole fruit then you should do that instead of blending them all together. but yeah if you really dont have time that forsure make it a smoothie something is alwayw better than nothing.
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:10 PM

Personally, I think if you want to eat fruit, you need to make an active effort and be able to eat it whether you have time or not. A great fruit is Apples or Pears since those are small and portable. Bananas are good, but they can grow ripe and soft, and if you're like me, those aren't good. I'd stick with Apples personally and just eat on the go.
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:57 PM

I dont think by blending the fruit that it would make it have less fiber content. my mom uses her magic bullet all the time. She makes all kinds of stuff with that thing. Pesto, shakes, smoothies, and chopped fruit. Sometimes just to put on deserts. Its amazing all the stuff you can do with that thing!!
Old October 31st, 2009, 04:40 PM

I personally think that blending fresh fruit or making a drink out of it wouldn't add more to the fruit, but I think it could possibly detract. I'm not sure how, but even though I know the smoothes I drink are fresh, I can't help but feel I'm getting full nutritional value.

Personally, if you want to eat fruit, you gotta eat it in it's original form.
Old November 25th, 2009, 02:00 PM

It would be a good idea.

I would stll prefer to have eaten the fruit myself, but I think in a very light pinch, you'll be able to eat and drink those shakes. I wouldn't recommend it personally, especially since they are very expensive, but otherwise, it's worth a shot.