Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Hair & Nail

Old October 1st, 2009, 12:28 PM

Default Beauty schools

i need a major hair cut. my hair is way too long and i need to get rid of these split ends and dead hair. i asked people do they know anywhere i can get a nice hair cut with a decent price.. and they would all say.. 'paul mitchell beauty school'. it's liek 10 bux for it right? pretty good.. BUT they are students.. my friend dyed her hair there and they messed up her ahir. so she said it depends on who you get because the first time she went it came out really nice. it's like i want to try it but what if they mess up. gahHhh.. i don't trust supercuts.. in my opinion, they suck!!!! so.. do you think i should go for the beauty school for a good price or skip it?
Old October 5th, 2009, 11:44 AM

well personally i go to my mom hair dresser soo ive just been going to him.. and idunno .. my cousin goes to a school like that and ive had her cut my hair in the past but nothing over the top just a trim.. so i agree i think it depends on the person you get .
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:06 PM

I think it really depends on who you get to trim your hair. You can maybe ask the student hair stylist to show you some of the hairs they have done. Most take pictures of their work. Or just go in and watch them do someone's hair. They most likely would let you especially if you're a prospective client. Some beauty schools also have in addition to hair styling, spa treatments or pedi/manicures so if you want to be discrete about your decision making go in for one of those and check out how they do thier hair.
Old October 20th, 2009, 03:07 PM

well it all depends on your hair texture and kind of cut you are looking to get. i went to a beauty school that offered super cheap hair cuts.. so they did a really go job on my hair so my friend decided to get hers cut ( mine is pretty straight while hers is CURLY)well i was happy with my hair.. her on the other hand threw a fit and hated her hair so i think it all just depends on the style and texture of your hair.
Old December 11th, 2009, 02:11 PM

i love going to beauty schools to get my hair cut i feel like im helping the student as well as getting my hair cut. i think i will continue to get my hair cut because it seems to be a good deal and they have always done a good job for me. my friends tell me im crazy letting a student cut my hair but these girls are to worried.
Old December 12th, 2009, 04:49 PM

Go for it! If its not a major thing like a dye job then heck yea go for it. A trim of dead ends is so simple and also, they should not even be praticing on human heads if they cant do a trim. if you still are worried about it, think like this, if they mess up the trim, you can take it as a chance to get a new hair style.
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:46 PM

I think you should check it out. Why not? Most of the students keep a portfolio of they're past "clients" so to speak so you should ask to see some of the work they have done and base your judgement on that. Plus the price is way cheaper and some of them are really talented. I'm prettying good at styling my hair myself...Like when I get bored I do up my hair and my friends would always ask me who did it...I told them I did then I started doing theres...its good pocket change too...and I take pics of hairs that I do...So I'm pretty sure that those girls do too.