Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Skincare

Old October 1st, 2009, 12:05 PM

Default lasering scars

do the lasering really work? like to laser off old acne scars that seem like they just won't ever go away? does it have any other effect on her skin after? how much do these sessions range from and how many sessions do you need to permanently get rid of the scars?
Old October 1st, 2009, 12:30 PM

hmm i'm wondering too.. because my friend wants to try it and she said it's pretty pricey. you need more than 1 session to get rid of it.. i can't remember how much she told me each session was but i remember them being pretty expensive. talk to a professional.. a doctor. ask them the pros and cons of getting it.. do some research before putting down a big chunk of money for something like that.
Old October 5th, 2009, 11:41 AM

maybe before you try lasering you should try something else.. i heard a chemical peel can help get read of some scaring because they are taking off a layer of skin and sometimes the scars are only so far deep. reseach it and then figure out which option is better for you.
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:49 PM

I've heard about that, they make it sound so painless and easy!! Its probably not, especially if you're dealing with your face. You should probably consider consulting a dermatologist before you make that major decision and pay all that money. You never know how it might work for your skin. So its better to do your research and be safe.
Old January 20th, 2010, 03:17 PM

I think its great but its kindof expensive. I guess you can look at it as an investment sort of. I don't have any major scars unless stretch marks count...I would love to get rid of those scars thats for sure. There's really nothing to take them aways just prevent them. Like once you have um its like good luck your screwed...but who knows maybe they'll come out with something soon...I sure hope so.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 12:25 PM

having scars lazered off is quite expensive and most insurances do not cover this type of procedure. my brother in law had a birthmark lasered off his face and it was very very expensive but it looked 100times better after he had it lasered off. i know he went at least 4 sessions simply because his birthmark was so big and it was super dark. i know tattoo removal is super expensive as well and its very expensive!
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:53 PM

i am not sure if they laser off scars the way they laser off tattoos but if they do then its super painful and its very costly.. when i was younger i decided that i wanted to get a tattoo and i had it dont but the guy really sucked at it and it came out so messed up.i really want to get something better. so i had it lasered off and then i got a new tattoo in that same place. and i now love it!
Old March 17th, 2010, 11:41 AM

doesn't lasering cause scaring though. So I'm not too sure about how that works. But it does sound interesting. I wouldn't mind trying it at all thats for sure. I know for a fact anything that has to do with lasering is expensive. So If you were considering getting it done you'll need to save up for it for a while before you actually go out and get it done. Especially if your still in school, with college expenses and stuff...you'll need alot of planning....unless you got bank.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 03:43 PM

i'm with Ivena I thought lasers caused you to have some scar tissue thingy or whatever. But I have heard of people lasering off scars and tattoos. I have a lot of stretch marks so I'm like can they laser those?...But it would suck if it just makes them worse or look nasty. I know that technology as far as lasering and stuff goes is getting better as new studies come into play. Which is good. Hopefully we would have a way to get rid of all the body's flaws without undergoing surgery of any kind.