Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Sexual Health

Old November 21st, 2009, 04:34 PM

Ha, I'll tell you one place you can go for free HIV testing and you'll be helping someone else out in the process AND!!! they will give you free cookies and juice. Your local blood bank. They are required by law to test every single bag of blood for HIV. Also, they are required to notify you if yours comes back positive. Its free, you get cookies, juice and give blood tos ave someone's life. The Red cross is excellent, look for one near you!
Old November 25th, 2009, 01:35 PM

I do think that being tested would be a great idea, but to have one befre you had sex, it doesn't make sense to me to be honest. It's like.....why would you get tested for STDs when you have not had any sort of sex at all....at least, that is my thought. It wouldn't hurt, but if you hadn't had sex, it's pointless.
Old December 21st, 2009, 02:38 PM

Depending on your health care provider if you go to your regular doctor to get it done all you'll be charged is the co pay...which for me is like 10 bucks. All they do is draw your blook and test it. Its not really that big of a deal so I dont see why It would be that expenisive. Sometimes it takes months for the virus to show up in you blood stream so If you're really nervous and not sure if you've contracted the disease or not they advice to not have sex for a VERY long time...its more like 8 or 9 months ( A LONG TIME) but its worth it when you're health and others' is involved.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 04:31 PM

i think it is super important to get tested every 6 months if you are having sex with more than one person.. most std's show up after 6 months so its very important that you get tested every six months. i am so careful i have heard of so many horror stories about people who have gotten stuff and they have it under contol but yet they can still spread it.
Old January 12th, 2010, 11:35 AM

6 months got it! ive actually never been tested i should tho my count isnt high at all but i still should get tested i guess im just scared of hearing something i dont want to hear lol. sounds dumb but seriously the truth
Old January 12th, 2010, 06:33 PM

i agree i think it is important to be tested on a regular bases, my doctor's office also offers it when you go in for an appointment. i think that it should be mandatory when women go in for their yearly check ups. i have also heard that you can get tested for free at your local planned parent hood. i have never been to one but from what i hear its free with no questions asked type of thing. once you are in a faithful commited relationship i dont think its that nessacery to get tested that often but i still would get tested just for my own safty.
Old February 8th, 2010, 06:41 PM

I always get tested and make sure my partners get tested before they become my parnters...Alot of them don't have anything too hide so they go ahead and get checked with me but a few have resisted and I immediately call what we had going on between us off. Completely. Its kindof sad I know that I'm so harsh but I have to look out for myself...because once I get hit with something like that its for life....
Old February 13th, 2010, 04:42 PM

I would recommend you get tested at your local college. Usually, colleges are preparing students to have sex by handing out information, giving out condoms, and just promoting safe sex.

Otherwise, I think it's a good way to go to figure out what to do when it comes to sex, these things and tests.
Old May 7th, 2010, 12:10 PM

it is very very very important that one gets tested for std's every six months unless they have been with their partner for over a year and both had been tested at the 6 month mark and both were clean, and if you think by anychance that your partner is being unfaithful make sure to always use a condom that way you do not catch something for life.
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:55 PM

we all know that getting tested is important but there's only few of us that actually go to get checked. i guess it's the thought of the possibilities that freak us out even if we know it's better off to just get checked and know the results and resolve it right away (if possible). but definitely we should ALL go get checked. the anticpation kills but there's nothing more important than being healthy!