Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > Movies Reviews and Recommendations

Old October 1st, 2009, 11:57 AM

Default Cloudy with a chance of meatballs

i think that's the title?? i can't remember. i remember watching the preview and i was like hey...... i read this book before.. way way way back in elementary school! i never got the chance to watch it but i heard it's actually pretty good! anyone watched it yet?!? do you like it? how about in 3D? i watched coraline in 3D and personally.. i prefer watching it normal. storyline was good but i wasnt a fan of the 3d-ness =T..
Old October 5th, 2009, 11:33 AM

yeah! i read it too! its funny because my little sister even has the book and although i will admit.. from the previews the movies donesnt really like like anything like the book but i mean theres only soo much they can do from the book.. so im sure it was just a base idea.
seriously tho i love that book i remember reading it all the time
Old October 6th, 2009, 01:28 PM

yeah i remember too.. aww i loved that boog haha i think we read it in like 2nd grade right? its such a cute little story with the old man aww i tink my little sister hasthe book im going to read it again some time soon
Old October 10th, 2009, 02:05 PM

I never read the book, although I heard the movie is really good, despite it's title. I thought the movie would be relatively boring and would pander way too much to the kids, but judging from the reviews I've seen, everyone is enjoying it, so I'm definately going to see it, possibly tomorrow~!
Old October 17th, 2009, 05:21 PM

I can't wait to watch it myself. Like you, I read the book when I was a kid and loved it. I would rent it from the school all the time just to have it at home to read. I'm not a big fan of 3D either. I didn't know it was out in 3D, I hope it has a normal showing too. The 3D makes me feel kindof motion sick. Something about things jumping off the movie screen doesn't work well with me.
Old October 19th, 2009, 10:48 AM

I so remember this book...when I first saw the previews on tv I ran to my mom and told her about it because I used to make her read it over and over to me even though I could read it myself. I haven't seen the movie though mostly because if its bad then it'll ruin my moment lol. But I might eventually see it I might take my little cousin.
Old October 20th, 2009, 04:04 PM

i have not seen it yet but ive heard mixed things about it. i heard that they used alot of things and geared it to adults. like someone told me alot of what happens is about his emotions and how he feels which they said some kids would not understand. i think it would be a good movie im thinking of going but im not to sure when i want to go.
Old November 6th, 2009, 06:00 PM

I have not seen it yet but I know a couple of my friends want to watch it so I'll probably go watch it with them. I actually never read the book so i dont really know the storyline except that there are a bunch of meatballs that fall out of the sky. To tell the truth I didnt really think that it looked that interesting but I guess after my friends talked it up and what not it does sound kind of intersting so if i dont get a chance to watch in theaters i'll probably rent it or it will probably be on tv someday.
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:09 PM

This movie seems like it was a fun kiddy movie. My cousin was telling me all about it, and made a note to tell me he wants the DVD for his birthday, which is not until July of next year. I haven't watched it yet but I feel like I've watched it 2 or 3 times for all the numerous times my cousin contined to playback the movie to me. I really have to watch it now, he's probably going to nag me if i dont.
Old November 14th, 2009, 05:47 PM

This is, from what I heard, a great movie. The animation looks really good(Although I think the style of this looks fairly standard to other animation films IMO) and the story was simple and really good.

I wish I had seen the movie or read the book because I heard both are really good, with the movie showing more than the story.