Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old October 1st, 2009, 11:50 AM

Default Lasering off a tattoo

so my sister has a tattoo on her thumb. it's a really nice one too. but she got it when she was in the moment. so now she wants to get it lasered off because getting a job will be real difficult. especially when you have a visible tattoo. i heard you can still see the tattoo faintly even if you get it lasered. and not to mention, it hurts more than getting it tatted! gah. i was wondering.. does anyone know someone that done it before? some experiences would be nice. anything to expect? will it make your skin wrinkly after?
Old October 10th, 2009, 01:36 PM

I think what I can do is recommend you to check out a couple of websites on the effects of lasering off a tattoo and see what you're getting yourself into before you initiate the procedure.

However, I don't think the tattoo will stil be there unless there was a lot of ink involved, so I think you're fine on that account.
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:59 AM

Getting your tattoo lasered off is indeed very very painful. Its also very expensive and it burns alot. Sometimes depending on your tattoo you may have to go through alot of sessions before it is entirely removed. Also sometimes you can still see it very faintly or if it comes off completly you may have small scars where your tat used to be. But then again everybody is different but that some of the things to kind of expect.
Old October 14th, 2009, 05:52 PM

i have a tat.. and i will admit i kinda dont like ti anymoe i dont really see it .. so its good and its easily covered but.. stil its not my favorite haha i got it becasaue i ws in the moment and excited ansd just wanted to getone. so yeah. i can finally admit that i hate it
Old October 16th, 2009, 01:50 PM

i have a tattoo that i got when i was younger i still love it but the day i was getting i was talking to a lady who got a tattoo and had it lasered off it wasnt that noticible but it didnt look like normal skin you could tell that something was there. she said it hurt really really bad she had a small amount of scaring but she said it wasnt that bad.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 02:23 PM

I know that it's very painful and it would leave a scar. It probably won't be huge like ppl would look and say that its an ugly scar but it'll be there. If you really want to get rid of the tattoo though then I guess that its worth it. Thats why I tell people that they should never get a name or something tattooed on you of a boyfriend or even husband because You'll regret it...especially if their name is long...then it'll be a huge scar.
Old February 5th, 2010, 01:59 PM

haveing a tattoo removed is super expensive and hurts really bad, usually there is a scar from where it used to be but if its just a tattoo on her thumb there is many things you can to to hide it..she could put a bandaid on her thumb and then wear a ring over it.. they also sell a product thats kinda like consealer and you just put it over your tattoo and then it covers it up untill you wash it off and i think that would be alot better than having it removed
Old February 8th, 2010, 05:10 PM

I won't think that it would leave your skini wrinkled it would just be scared. And depending on the size of the tattoo that could be good or bad. It depends. If you really want to get rid of it though then you should get it lasered off. Because I'm sure you'll rather have a few scares than something that you consider extremely ugly on you constantly.
Old February 9th, 2010, 01:27 PM

yeah i have a tattoo.. that i got in the moment and i like it but its not something that i love but its also something i dont see all the time and kinda forget it there.. hut yeah i think maybe later one in life i might get it removed. haha and hopefully by then its not as painful!
Old February 16th, 2010, 06:35 PM

yea i have a tattoo also but i will never have mine removed. the location of mine is compleatly hidden.. i can always just cover it up but at the same time i though about my tattoo and i have really decided that i wouldnt mind getting more. i agree with people who say make sure its something you want on you in 50 years when your an old person. it really dosent bother me.. i think its something that i would love to have.