Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old October 1st, 2009, 11:37 AM

Default 3 times a day?

who really still eats three times a day? i know when i was young, when my grandpa would always cook up my cousins, sister and i lunch and dinner after school.. but now, growing up.. i'm so occupied with school and work. i go to school from 10-5 so i don't really have time to eat. i hate it!!!! when i get home from school i would just gobble gobble. so how bad would that be for my metabolism? will it slow it down a lot? that's what i heard..
Old October 1st, 2009, 12:17 PM

i'm not quite sure if it would slow your metabolism down but eating like that is sure unhealthy. you should pack lunch to school the night before because getting all the nutrients is very important. the only thing i can tell you is to make time for everything. wake up a little aerlier for breakfast. pack lunch the night before.. and eat a healthy dinner =)
Old October 3rd, 2009, 03:14 PM

If I remmeber correctly, I think one side effect of not eating is that you feel really hungry, but your stomach will actually shrink from the lack of food. Usually eating before lunch/dinner will expand your stomach a bit to allow additional food. On top of that, you're not really supplementing your body with nutrients if you only eat once a day.

I'm not sure what effect it can have on your metabolism, but it can't be good.
Old October 10th, 2009, 01:11 PM

I heard that it's better to eat smaller meals, but eat more of them for your metabolism. So like, isntead of eating only 3 times a day, it may be better to have 5-6 small meals throughout the day so your metabolism is still going, and you don' get really hungry for lunch or dinner.
Old October 14th, 2009, 11:34 AM

I totally understand what you're talking about to because I have a similiar school schedule. By not eating during the day and waiting until you get home, your body went through starvation mode. So when you do eat when you get home you eat more that you need too. In away your gorging yourself. I usually take little healthy snacks to school with me when I'm there all day and some professors if you explain your situation would allow you to eat in class.
Old October 16th, 2009, 05:17 PM

Default Try packing snacks

There are so many different ways to get the minerals and nutrition that you need. You do not have to sit at the table three times a day to be healthy. Some research even suggests that eating small snacks throughout the day might even be better for you! Try packing a breakfast bar and small snacks from your healthy food store with you when you go to school! You might even feel better.
Old October 27th, 2009, 05:07 PM

its fine not to eat 3 meals a day. long as ur eating enought so your feeling hungry. i eat probably every two hours that im awake.. but there all small meals so i dont get too full. i cant eat a big meal it makes me feel so sick like i ate way to much it bugs ppl that i only eat small amounts but im not that hungry.
Old November 6th, 2009, 03:57 PM

I think that if you dont have time to eat meals in between classes than a way to get some nutrition throughout the day is by eating a few healthy snacks throughout the day. just some quick fixes. One snack that I think is very convenient are those small packages of carrots that they sell at supermarkets they come with ranch so it is just very convenient to just pull it out and snack on them in between a class.
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:28 PM

I do..I make sure of that. There is no way that I miss a meal... As soon as I get home from work I eat and as soon as I get home from school I ate. My schedule is around me eating. I love food too mcuh to skip one meal...it just throws my entire day off. I never understood how some of my friends can go without eating lunch or something like that. Im so glad my college has this thing called 'you hour' which is from 12- 1. Theres no classes and it gives us time to hang out, go to club meeting, and eat. I make sure I take advantage of that.
Old December 9th, 2009, 04:36 PM

today i will eat three times a day.. but most the time your right. iw ill eat maybe twice or sometimes only once a day.. becaseu im constantly on the go or im at work so yeah its hard. to try and fit some stuff in there