Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old October 1st, 2009, 11:30 AM

Default i never used it before..

i know i know some people might think this disgusting but to be honest i don't use deodorant. i don't think i really get all smelly down there.. (i asked my boyfriend to smell my armpit before =P) .. but last night i was going to walmart and we were in the deodorant section for me.. and i saw all these women deodorants.. do they really work? even if i'm not so stanky down there should i still reconsider using them? someone once told me that using deodorant is good for getting rid of the smell but it can also cause bacteria backup? true or no?
Old October 3rd, 2009, 03:40 PM

I really don't know if it can cause bacteria backup, I'd probably ask your doctor about that or look around a little on the internet.

However, I would still recommend getting deodorant to be sure. At the very least, it'll make you smell better than how you did before. And if it gets hot, it'll help.
Old October 10th, 2009, 01:31 PM

I don't think it causes bacteria backup, or if it promotes any bacteria at all. Personally, I think if you keep it without using any deodorant, you'll end up with more bacteria because of the heat and sweat that is developing udner your pits.

So I think deodorant is a good idea, not only for the smell, but for airing out your armpit so you can clear away bacteria.
Old October 16th, 2009, 05:01 PM

Default A yes from me

Personally you dont HAVE to use it, but it will make you feel more confident about yourself when your out in public. You wont have to wonder, 'do I smell?' at all because you know that you put deo on and dont have to worry about it. However, there are a lot of types to choose from. I use Dove myself because I like the sents and it keeps my armpits smooth Pick one thats right for your budget and has a sent (or no sent) that you enjoy.
Old October 20th, 2009, 04:30 PM

i know you think you dont smell but many people do smell and just because u think you dont smell you might. anyways if u shower like atleast every other day you should be fine on the whole bacteria build up. i was reading in an artical the other day that it is better to apply it at night so it can soak in for the next day n it wont wash off because its soaked in. idk if it works or not but just an idea.
Old November 9th, 2009, 02:14 PM

I have friends who hardly ever use deorderant because they dont have too. They occasionally wear deorderant just to use it or they like a certain scent that it comes in. It a choice they have, so I dont think you have to buy deorderant if you dont need it. Its up to you. personally it feels good after you finish shaving...but thats a personal observation.
Old December 16th, 2009, 11:58 AM

Some people dont have the need for deorderant...theres nothing to be ashamed of, I myself wish I was one of those people, sadly the althlete in me wont allow it lol. As far as bacteria goes I dont think its all that big of a deal. I mean you do take a shower and you dont smell in that particular area so you should be fine. If you are really concerned just ask your doctor he/she should be able to tell you whats up right off the bat.
Old December 16th, 2009, 03:30 PM

i love deodorant. i always use it.. im the type of person who has a fear of being that smelly kid in class so i wear deodorant, spray everything . i really like the clinical deodorantits a little more then the others but still i think that i sweat alot. so i liek to take precation
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:51 PM

I dont think theres anything wrong with it...I guess if you dont need it then its not the end of the world. It'll be different if you needed to use it but didn't like or want to. But if you dont smell under there its no problem. I've never met someone like this though but I guess anything is possible. I never used to use it that much but after I started seriously into sports in high school every thing changed.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:19 PM

im a bit confused.. are you talking about for your arm pits or for your woohoo.
because if its for your arm pits it is def something your should be wearing daily weather or not. but if its for south of the boarder then i dont think its really nessacery. i have never used it either.. i just shower and wash that area really goood.. ohh but i do carry wipes made by playtex and there freshwipes i think they have a light sent and they work really good to clear the smell if there is any.