Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Hair & Nail

Old October 1st, 2009, 12:01 PM

Default heat protectant

i use heat protectant spray on my hair before i apply any heat to it. but for some odd reason.. whenever i put it on my hair.. i feel like.. "is this really working" i mean it's not really possible for me to get every inch of my hair unless i super soak it with the spray.. so how do i know it's really 'protecting' my hair? or where should i apply it most at? is there only specific ones that actually do work? any protectant that you would recommend?
Old October 5th, 2009, 01:05 PM

yeah i have a new shorter hair cut now and when i first cut it i had to straighten it all the time or else it would just become all crazy. and boy did my hair take a beating.. so my hair dresser recommended that i get a heat protector and ive seen a difference.. i mean its something that you see over time
Old October 15th, 2009, 06:29 PM

yeah, i use to always straighten/curl my hair without heat protectent spray.. i didn't even know there was such thing!! but it does show over time and you will see the difference between using the heat protectent and not using it! although it does feel like it's not doing much.. you should keep using it because without it your hair would fry!!
Old November 7th, 2009, 03:17 PM

I have to agree, use the protectant. better safe than sorry. I hardly every put heat on my hair (I have been blessed with really nice curly hair), but when I do have to use a blow dryer or something I put in heat protectant. Have you ever cracked an egg over a straightener? it cooks it! We have live protens in our hair that will do the same thing.
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:53 AM

I never knew there was such a thing as a heat protectant. I'll have to look into that. I hardly ever put heat to my hair anymore because to all the breakage that I've noticed whenever I finished straightening or curling my hair. Wow things you learn everyday. I'll have to ask my hair dresser about this.
Old December 8th, 2009, 03:37 PM

i think i should probaly go get some of this becasue i feel like im constantly buring my hair when i striaghten it.. but i cant help it because the heairt cut i have it requires for me to straighten it or else it just looks all messy and funky ive tried hhaha i even went out to a part like and my haior looks bad i have pictures to prove it
Old January 25th, 2010, 06:27 PM

I just ordered some heat protectant online from Profectiv...And I'm soooo ecited to get it. I've used their products before and my hair felt and looked amazing. Then the local beauty supply store stopped stocking it because not alot of people were buying so then I just decided to go on the company website and get an order of it. It wasn't that expensive and it smells good.