Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old October 1st, 2009, 11:43 AM

Default gap between his front teeth

my 4 year old brother haven't gone through that stage where his baby teeth are falling out.. but i was wondering.. if he has little gap between his two front baby teeth.. it doesn't mean that he's goig to have gap front teeth growign up right? i remember someone told me that a little gap between the two front baby teeth is a good thing because it gives it space so when the adult teeth come through it will fill in the gaps. is that true?
Old October 1st, 2009, 12:53 PM

i heard also that it's normal for toddlers to have a little gap during their baby teeth phase. it sets up room so when the adult teeth come through they have enough room. remember adult teeth isn't the same size as the baby teeth so the gap helps prepare room for them. you should ask the dentist just to be sure though.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 05:03 PM

I agree, it is normal for them to have a little gap. Besides, since it's baby teeth, your brother will be popping outt hose teeth eventually, so I think you'll be okay. However, afterwards, if there is still a gap in his adult teeth, I'd check out a orthodontist to see if they can set him up with braces or something to bring his teeth together.

At least, that's what I think.
Old October 5th, 2009, 11:52 AM

ive never heard that until now but it makes sense..so im sure theer nothing to worry about.. unless he sucks his thumb then that is a habit you need to break him from and fast.. thumb sucking is not good
Old October 6th, 2009, 06:16 PM

they will probably fill in.. but im not sure because when my cousin was little he had messed up teeth with gaps and once his adult teeth grew in they were still gapped. so i think the best bet would be to get either a retainer or braces on him as soon as a ortho says that it is ok. hopefully it wouldnt be bad tho because nothing is worst than having a gap in the front and that being the first thing people see. get it fixed.
Old October 12th, 2009, 02:40 PM

when I was little I had a huge gab between my teeth. it was huge but most of it got filled in when my adult teeth came in. Now I have a little gap and you can bearly notice it unless you actually look at my teeth. Compared to how big my gap was it closed a considerate amount on its own. My mom said that the doctor told her it was normal and in my case the worst end result would be that I have a tiny gap which I do but it doesn't affect me at all.
Old December 4th, 2009, 12:45 PM

when i was little i had a really bad gap tooth smile and my parents were worried that i would have super messed up teeth but the gap wasnt the problem when i got older.. my jaw was a little small so all my adult teeth grew in and caused crowding. so i had to get braces to straighten them out. now i have a straight smile.
Old December 16th, 2009, 12:45 PM

I had a huge gap when I was younger but as my baby teeth fell out and my adult teeth grew in and my teeth altogether started to shift...it went away. Mines was so huge it looked like a teeth was missing. But now my teeth are perfect, I didn't need to have braces or anything for that matter...but it did help that my wisdom teeth started to grow in when I was 16...that closed the gap permanently but even before my wisdom teeth started growing in you couln't even see my gap unless you actually stare at my teeth. You could bearly see it in pictures even...most of my friends didn't even know I had a gap until I told them.
Old January 8th, 2010, 01:35 PM

yeah gaps are basically phases at first.. once the perminent teeth grow in thats when maybe you should consider braces in the future so that they can have staight nice teeth. so yeah other then that im sure its fine
Old January 9th, 2010, 05:36 PM

I think that it's a phase that you have when you're a child. Again, as with what everyone else said, when you grow up and you still have gaps like that, I would go to an orthodontist. Otherwise, don't worry about the gaps until they're older.