Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Women's Health

Old September 30th, 2009, 06:49 PM

Default waxing.

i sometimes get my eyebrows waxed when i miss the days that the ladie who threads my eyebrows is there..
but i alwasy break out like crazy.. and i hate it.. i even go home right away and wash my face.. and take a shower.

also has anyone ever gotten there legs waxed before?
Old October 1st, 2009, 11:22 AM

i never got any facial hard waxed before but i remember my friend got her baby peach fuzz waxed and i guess her skin was a tad sensitive to the wax they use. they made her upper lip really red and not only that it had all these little red bumps on it. maybe your skin is sensitive to the wax theya re using?
Old October 9th, 2009, 02:46 PM

well i have only had my eyebrows waxed and i had no problems with it. sometimes they wax peoples eyebrows with the wax being to hot so it burns the skin and then it causes them to turn red and it makes their skin more sensitive then that can lead to break outs.. i thought it would be a good idea to give my self a brazillian wax watta joke i bought prewaxed strips put it on exactly like it said and the wax stuck to me while the strip peeled off what a mess leave those things to the professionals.
Old October 12th, 2009, 12:00 PM

I get my eyebrows waxed and it itches or awhile but i've never really broken out. Maybe the wax that that the salon uses is in conflict with your skin, maybe. I've never gotten my legs waxed but my friend who did was in pain for awhile and her legs were completely red for the first couple of days. And it kinda burned. But now she's been doing it regularly and she loves it.
Old October 12th, 2009, 06:53 PM

ive alwasy heard waxing your legs was extremely painful. soo idunno but i would really like to try it jsut to see if i like it or not.. i mean im sure i will.. but like i said.. i wanna know how much it hurts im a biig baby haha.. has anyone ever gotten it waxed?
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:47 PM

nope, only the eyebrows. I'm not that brave yet. I've gotten used to waxing my eyebrows so it doesn't hurt as much anymore. But it would be a huge step to wax my legs its alot of area space. Maybe I'll tackle it some day if it hurts too much I can always tell them to stop and go home and shave. I have a friend who had a full body wax...she was ridiculously hairy...she said it didn't hurt, she did most of it herself, but Idk about that. thats unneccessary torture.
Old October 27th, 2009, 06:25 PM

i know this is in womans issues but i think its funny. my husband decided that he didnt like the hairs that grow really fast on the nape of his neck.. so he decided that he would wax them.. so he asked me to wax them.. well not knowing what i was doing i warmed up my cousins pro waxing set.. lather yes i say lathered on wax n ripped it off.. well it wasnt ready so it hurt him so bad.. lol just a really funny story hope u guys got to laugh as much as i did when it happened!!!
Old October 28th, 2009, 11:16 AM

Painful Painful Painful!!! I cant express enough how much of a painful experience it was. Never again unless i abosolutly have too, not just on whim. It was so painful!! I'm actually thinking back to the experience and man it was horrible. After the entire thing was over with for a second I thought it was worth it, but then I figured it was not something that I would ever want to go through again. Maybe I'll just need to get used to the pain i dont know.
Old October 28th, 2009, 06:36 PM

i feel liek everytime i have a converstation withi someone about something i see it on a thread or i hear it somewhere but yeah ive only waxed my legs and eyebrows, oh and upper lip as well.. but what about bikini or brazilan? ive never gotten on before but im kinda curious and i want too .. but i can imagine how painful it might be?
Old January 13th, 2010, 03:53 PM

I've never gotten my leggs waxed or anything else for that matter...just my eyebrows but I never brokeout right after so idk. I've always wanted to get a bikini wax just to try it out and see how it goes but IDK if I want to have some stranger all up in my stuff. I know you can buy your own waxing kit but IDK if I can willing inflict myself with pain...So I'm stuck. But I'll come to a logically decision eventually...hopefully.