Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > Home Theater Gear

Old January 27th, 2010, 02:14 PM

I'd rather be in the comfort of my own home versus the movie theatre. Not only don't you get to go to the bathroom and pause but you can't lie down. You have to sit the whole time. I love lying down when I watch a movie or sit in angled positions to get comfortable. Usually its not so bad if I'm at the movies with someone I don't mind getting close to.
Old February 10th, 2010, 02:24 PM

I'll have to agree with the original poster that Movies do seem to be better in movie theatres. Who knows why really but I think its probably because of the atmosphere and where you are at. I don't mind watching movies at home but it is nice to go out and catch a movie every once in a while lol. I know there are some people who go to the movies every weekend. I don't do that . But its nice to go at times.
Old February 12th, 2010, 03:46 PM

I like movies in movie theaters better too I guess because it really just is like the environment and the feeling you get when you watch a movie in a movie theater. It is like a totally different feeling than watching it at home. Plus I am usually too lazy to go rent movies to watch at home so when went I want to hang out with my friends I usually just go to the movies since it is usually a nice fun trip.
Old February 13th, 2010, 05:35 PM

I have to say that the movie is more or less an immersive experience, and the environment of the theater really makes up the magic of seeing it in the big screen, I feel.

However, I will say that while it is more convinient to see it in theaters, there are certain films that work in theaters and some that work at home.
Old March 29th, 2010, 01:58 PM

i like to watch some movies in the theater while i like to watch some at home.. i like watching alot of action movies in theater because its more intense where as if i was to watch a movie such as valentines day i would watch it at home because i could be all snuggle and comfy so thats mostly the diffrence between wanting to watch a movie at home or at the theater.. some times its worth going but i usually like to wait until it comes out on dvd unless like i said its an action movie.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 01:57 PM

I think, personally, because of the large screen and the surround sound, you are far more immersed in the movie world, which is a big advantage since that is what the movie is supposed to do, immerse you in the world or the story of the movie.

That is what I really prefer in the end since the screen is not huge at home, and in the end, it eventually becomes background noise. D:
Old April 14th, 2010, 11:02 AM

I think it is just the overall experience of going to the movies that makes it seem much better. For me, I just really like the atmosphere when you go to the movie theater it just gives you a completely different feeling then if you were to watch at home. I guess because you can more easily get up and do other stuff at home it makes the movie doesn't seem as good because you have so many other things going on but at the movie theater you usually just concentrate on the movie.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 01:54 PM

i love going to the movies because of the atmosphere and the way it is watching the huge screen and all the popcorn and other things going on about the movies.. like getting nachos and giant sodas and popcorn because they get you free refills and other things like that.i hope they keep up the good movies and keepthing the theaters nice.
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:17 PM

there's definitely a big difference when you're watching a movie at home and watching a movie at the movie theaters. i don't go to the movies much and when i do, it's always for a movie that i really really want to see. watching it at the movie theater just makes you feel like you're part of the movie. having people left and right of me doesn't really bother me but the whole noise thing does. especially when it's like teenagers first time going to the movie theater and laughing in the front all loud to impress the girl/guy they like -_-