Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > Home Theater Gear

Old December 1st, 2009, 04:14 PM

the reason you go to the movies is for the atmosphere, same reason you go to a baseball, hockey or other sporting event. the people, the place and other aspects is what keep you coming. you can usually get better views, and u can pause things at home but if your there the action just adds on to the other things.
Old December 1st, 2009, 05:26 PM

i love the movie theaters but there is some things which make me wish that i didnt spend money on the movies. I hate when i go and its a rated "R" production and you hear an infant crying, or when you have a little child behind you asking "but why". Movie prices are also super expensive, for two people to go watch a movie its $25.00 i was shocked. i might as well buy the dvd for that price.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 05:14 PM

yeah its ridiculous princes are like 11 dollars per ticket now.. i remmeber when they were like 750. thats when i was in middle school i think then they went to 950 and now 11.. its like each time i go the prices raise haha
Old December 2nd, 2009, 06:57 PM

yeah its crazy how much the prices have gone up.. for two ppl its like 22 dollars ecatly i think and thats not even including snnacks and waht not so yeah crazyy but hey everyone alwasy pays to watch movies.. espeically now.. becasue theres soo many good one out and i went to watch new moon twice
Old December 4th, 2009, 04:00 PM

Seriously the prices of movies are so high now. That is why I always try to watch movies in the morning at AMC because it only cost 6 dollars. and since I love watching movies in the theater so much the cheaper the better. I just think that movies are more fun to watch in the theater because when you want to hang out with your friends it is definitely a something fun to do with each other.
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:41 PM

I think its because of the atmosphere you're in and the people you're surrounded by. You're all there to take part in the same thing and appearantly have the same interests so it makes the movie even better. Movies are just way better in the theatre no matter what genre its just alot of fun especially if you go with friends.
Old January 11th, 2010, 01:33 PM

yeah i agree as long as its in demand and ppl will pay to watch it the prices will stay the same.. anyways.. im here at and im startting to think of all the movies that i would like to watch. its only monday. ahh.
Old January 11th, 2010, 04:42 PM

Eventhough Movie Theatres are really expensive these days I would rather go to the movies than watch a movie at home anytime. Yea you may have a big screen TV,you can turn on/off the lights, the popcorn is cheap, and the bathroom is just down the hall, you can pause rewind and stop when you want...its just not the same. I dont know exactly how to put it...but the Movie Theatre's atmosphere is better I guess.
Old January 25th, 2010, 05:23 PM

I don't so much mind all that Its just getting expensive. Like if you go every weekend it adds up. So I only go when I have to see something or its a date or my friends push me. I'm a college student so I don't have much to spend at will...I have to plan my budget so I had to cut out movies altogther. Its kindof sad though. The thing that I do now is go early in the morning...movie tickets are alot cheaper.
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:31 PM

yeah so do i.. i think its the effect of the darkness and surrond sound lol it makes the experince alot better but yeah movies at home are good too.. but iknow what you mean sometimes i watch a movie and then i rent it and itsnot as good as i thought it was when i saw it in theaters