Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > Home Theater Gear

Old September 30th, 2009, 05:36 PM

Default movie theaters

i feel like movies are better in movie theaters.. but i cant figur out why and i know the screen is much bigger and the sound is much louder.. but i mean your sitting next to soo many ppl left and right of you.. and not to mention theres alwasy a cell phone going off sometimes u cant hear.. so i cant figure out why i think movies are much better that the movies!

when at home you can rewind. pause.. go to the bathroom and not mess anything haha its just more conveinant
Old October 2nd, 2009, 03:37 PM

Default movie theaters

I think movies are just more fun to watch in movie theaters because of the atmosphere. I dont know but it's like a whole different feeling when you go watch a movie at the movie theater instead of at home. I dont know but for me when I watch movies at home sometimes I just feel like falling asleep or doing something else but at movie theaters of course i stay for the whole part because i know i will miss something if leave or something.
Old October 5th, 2009, 10:15 AM

yeah thats true.. because i do the same.. when im at home i stop and pause get some snacks do something and then come back and your right in a movie theater you can really do that once you miss it.. you miss it haha theres no getting it back until the video comes out
Old October 8th, 2009, 03:58 PM

yeah i heard about that werbsite too on chelsea lately i think it was.. it was called like.. dammmnn i wished i remembered haha im going to google it after this. bu i remember thinking that it was very clever.
Old October 21st, 2009, 11:16 AM

I totally agree that its because of the atmosphere. You're out with people who are interested in the same viewing as you and its more fun that way i guess. I love watching movies at the theater more so because the movie doesn't pause. I dont take bathroom breaks during a movie and like to watch the whole thing through and sometimes when you watch a movie at home someone wants you to pause it so they can go to the bathroom. I really hate that!!
Old October 28th, 2009, 05:24 PM

yeah i went to watch law abiding citizen and i was already late bearly made it .. and i had to pee soo bad when i was driving over there i even had to use the restroom.. the movie was amazing by the way soo good! and i literally held it the enitre time we were there.. haha im suprised i didnt get a bladder infection hahaha
Old November 13th, 2009, 03:56 PM

yeah i think that it is just more fun to watch movies in the movie theater because of the atmosphere. it is just like a totally different vibe then when you are watching movies at home. but yeah i can see the pros and cons of each side like watching movies at home and at the theater. like yeah it does suck when you have to go use the restroom during a movie when you are at a theater and cant go because you'll miss a lot of you do but yeah i dunno at home it just doesnt seem that much fun. well i guess unless you have like a movie marathon with your friends or somehting.
Old November 14th, 2009, 05:00 PM

I will say that because of speakers, it is much louder, but they also have more to create surround sound, transmitting particular sounds in different channels, so we'll be able to be immersed in the sound. Like an explosion behind us, and people walking to the left of us. At least, that's what I think.
Old November 20th, 2009, 04:30 PM

I like watching movies in movie theaters better than at home too. I just like the atmosphere. and the chairs are always so comfy. It is just like a total different feeling when you are at the movie theater than when you are at home. I also think it is just easier to watch a movie at the theater than at home. there are like no interruptions whereas at home there can be constant distractions throughout the movie.
Old November 25th, 2009, 03:15 PM

I agree with everyone else. The Atmosphere, the variety of people, the excitement and chatter, it really makes the movie a movie where as you're at home, you may have more ability to stop, pause, and maybe present something as a group, but I'd much rather watch a movie in either at the theater, or in a room designed to be a theater.