Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old September 29th, 2009, 05:39 PM

Default Need ideas for getting my child to potty train..

ive tried everything, rewards such as a balloon every time she uses the bathroom with out an accident and if she had an accident we would pop one of her baloons.. ( this worked with my neice) than with my older child we rewarded her with a sticker chart and when she went a month without having an accident she would get the suprise present. ( it was a pack of princess undies for a reward) ive tried the with my second daughter but its not working any ideas? she always says she has to go potty and is really good about telling me just she sometimes has an accident then says she needs to go... plz help
Old September 30th, 2009, 04:00 PM

ive actually have never tired to potty train a child but i can imagine how fustrating it could be really.. i dont know if i rememebr correctly or not but i heard somewhere that boys are easier to potty train?? is that the truth or did i get it mixed up lol.
Old October 1st, 2009, 10:19 AM

it's hard indeed potty training a toddler. when we were potty trianing my little brother it wasn't as hard because he never wanted to pee in his pants. if he did, he would cry. so every time he had to pee he would just hold his little dingding and say pee pee pee. and then he would get the positions all messed up. he would always sit down to pee instead of standing up. that part was a little hard but he evenutally got the hang of it =)
Old October 6th, 2009, 05:22 PM

sometimes if a child is having a hard time learning to potty train it can be because he or she is not ready yet. when a child is ready you will start getting clues. You can offer up a suprise when the go a week without needing a diaper. one thing my son always liked was when i would throw a few cherios into the toliet bowl and have him aim for them.. (we called it target practice) and with that he wanted to aim so he would make sure he let me know in enough time and soon he was potty trained.
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:44 PM

hmm you need to establish a rewards kind of thing.. and make it known that you are excited for them when they do it on there own.. clap and yeah yay! jump up and down so they know they did something right .
Old December 1st, 2009, 05:17 PM

i think both genders are hard to potty train i think alot of it just depends if the toddler is ready or not to potty train. my bestfriends daughter is quiet content pooping in her diper and when shes done she asks to be changed. its very disgusting if you ask me, she is preschool age, she knows how to use the potty but she would rather do her work in the diper then ask for a change.. haha i was like u need to get her using the potty. for my daughter i decorated the toliet n bathroom all princess. the toliet seat cover.. HOT pink. everything she was proud to use the princess bath room that all the mommy and big cousin princess' used that she couldnt wait to use it.
Old December 15th, 2009, 06:18 PM

i think there are many diffrent methods that one can use to potty train their child it all just depends on the ways of the child. when i was little my mom trained me by giving me a balloon everytime i used the bathroom and she told me if i didnt use the potty she would pop my balloon. n to poty train my neice i used balloons and stickers. every time she used the bathroom she good a new sticker and if she used it for a week strait then she could have a balloon.. it worked.
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:53 PM

potty training can be a very hard process and it just takes lots of time and effort.. even if your child has and accident still take them to the rest room and let them know that this is where you go when you have to go potty. and then soon they will learn that they need to start using the potty as well. so just give it time and keep trying...
Old April 9th, 2010, 01:20 PM

so i just discovered that they sell new potty training seats..they have two diffrent kinds one for boys and one for girls.. i recently bought my daughter the girls one and its a princess one.. when you use the bathroom it sings a princess song and tells you good job princess. they say with it playing music then it makes your child want to use the bathroom to make the potty seat play music.
Old May 7th, 2010, 12:57 PM

wow i have never heard of the talking potty seat. anyways the best thing i did was give my child a reward for using the bathroom. if an accident happened i got to take one reward away. i think with my son we did like pokiemon trading cards.. he really liked them.. and for my daughter we did crayons.. (she loved to color and wanted more colors and crayons after hers broke so we made her earn them. and she learned to potty train.