Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > General

Old January 12th, 2010, 06:10 PM

i have been in a steady relationship now for 6 months and my guy refuses to let me pay for anything. we go to the ducks hockey game.. he pays. we go to six flags.. he pays for everything. anything we do he pays.. we go to the movies alot.. and he pays all the time.. he would never take me to like the dollar store to get snacks before the movie becuase he was worried i would think he was cheap or that he didnt have money... but one time we passed the dollar store on the way to the movies and i told him we needed to buy candy and snacks here that way our movie date could save him some money and we could do other stuff with that money he saved...
Old January 15th, 2010, 03:57 PM

Prices for movies are just ridiculous I mean i guess since everyone still goes to movies the theaters have no reason to lower it. but it just really sucks to have to pay so much for just 2 hours. Thank goodness I always watch the am shows so that I at least do not have to pay the top dollar for those movies but I think even am shows have increased in their price I think last year or the year before it was only 5 bucks but now its 6 which is still really good considering how much it is for a regular ticket but it is increasing and before we know it it will be in the tens and then the twenties.
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:23 PM

The only way to get a good price on movie tickets is to early in the morining. Thats the only way you can get in for like 6 bucks or so. But I get what you guys are saying because movie theatres are expensive. Going to the movies isn't a cheap date anymore lol. But usually what most people do is movie hop. So technically you see 2 movies instead of 1. Which is great lol. Especially if it a theatre where they dont check.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 12:37 PM

last friday i decide that i would be a nice big cousin and take my two little cousins to the movies it was an advanced screening of toothfairy. the price was the regular prices.. anyways for two children and myself just tickets alone were $28, then ofcourse little kids want popcorn and snacks.. there went another 25! $53 for one trip to the movies.. i was like damn i didnt know i was going to go broke.. guess thats what i get i never go to the movies..
Old January 22nd, 2010, 04:00 PM

Oh wow that is a lot of money just for a trip for the movies I mean it would be cheaper to just go miniture golfing or something cuz I know at speedzone it cost like 8 dollars per person so that would still only be 24 total for 3 people. Well I signed up for the moviewatcher thing so I am glad that at least you get some benefits from that. Like on every wednesday you get free popcorn and then points can accumlate for like popcorn, a small drink, or a free movie ticket. I am at the big prize where you get like a free night at the movies you get all three in combination when you accumulate 100 points. and I am at 96 points right now. I know that is like 50 movie tickets I bought since each time you go you get two points.
Old January 25th, 2010, 06:02 PM

Movie prices in California are ridiculously expensive. If you go down south there are places that you can see a movie for less than 8 bucks....Try finding that out here...its impossible. And whats sad is that we are actually paying it. But if you want to see the movie then you have to pay so in a sense its up to you. Thats why I never turn down a movie date lol
Old January 27th, 2010, 01:06 PM

I can't afford to go to the movies like I used to. Its too expensive. I can't believe it's went up sooo much. And I actually feel bad for the guys who have to take the girl out the movies pay for basically two of everything....I usually offer to pay my half so it's fair...Even though the guy offers... I insist. The food used to be the most expensive part about the theatres...but now its both.
Old February 1st, 2010, 06:48 PM

I know some places its 15 but its at those hug malls that famous and rich people go to. I think thats rediculous. I mean the economy is being hit hard so people are cutting out on a lot of things...and to have movie prices be so high thats an automatic cutback. I still go just not as much as I used to thats for sure. last time I went to the movies on a saturaday night two tickets cost 22 dollars...
Old February 5th, 2010, 03:09 PM

I really hate that ticket prices keep going up too. But I found this new discount movie place. They only charge 3 dollars before 6pm and 4 dollars after. I think that it is pretty cool. Though they only have movies that have come out for a long time. It is not terrible old movies but they are kind of old. Like right now they have 2012, ninja assassin, princess, and the frog, and old dogs, leap year, I can't remember all but yeah they do have quite a few movies.
Old March 19th, 2010, 04:02 PM

Yeah movie prices are really just out of control they seem to raise like every year or something. But I am glad that they have the 6 dollar tickets in the morning which makes it so much better. So i usually go to the movies in the morning but sometimes you want to go watch movies at night so it definitely does suck that the prices are so high.