Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > General

Old September 28th, 2009, 03:06 PM

Default movie theater prices.

its crazy how much the tickets have gone up.. its seriously like 10 for a ticket now.. thats basically half of a dvd haha.. i remmeber when it was like 550 750.. now its 950.

when i went to texas the tickets were still 750. why cant it be like that all the time.
Old September 28th, 2009, 04:02 PM

yeah seriously sometime 3d movies are like 13 dollars.
crazyness. but i mean they can do it because ppl will still pay to watch it.. might not be as much as before.. but still you still have those movie goers who will go watch something in theaters instead of waiting for it to be relased.
Old September 29th, 2009, 04:38 PM

yes its crazy how expensive things are getting. poor young kids trying to take their gf/bf's out on dates and your cant get decent dinner and a movie for less than $50. i remember going to the movies for 7.25 and getting dinner and my parents only paying like $50 for all 4 of us to see a movie. man i wish things wouldnt be so expensive.. my old fashion parents freaked out when they heard my fiance and i paid $13.00 each for a hamburger from islands.. but hey thats what things cost now days..
Old September 30th, 2009, 04:35 PM

seriously man!
thats so ture poor younger kids.. i recently went out on a date and between 4 ppl.. the two guys split the bill..the movies for like 2 ppl were about 23 dollars and then we went to a hookah bar and i dont even know how much it was there,. and then there was dinner.. i was like wow.. no one is going to want to go out on dates anymore! haha
Old September 30th, 2009, 04:55 PM

haha thats so funny i never thought of it that way.. because mainly in like highschool or middle school you go to the movies . aww poor kids.. anywyas i couldnt agree more.. its really crazy how high they have gotten. i remember when i could go to the mall with 20 dollars.. watch a movies get a smoothie and somehting to eat and still have like 5 bucks left.
Old October 1st, 2009, 10:56 AM

movies are expensive now a days.. watching a movie at night is like 10 bucks.. watching it at city walk is like 12 just for the normal ones too. i guess the reason why it's so expensive at city walk because of the location. that's why for me, i like saving the good movies for the theater and the whatever movies for netflixs =)
Old October 10th, 2009, 02:21 PM

It's pretty much the economy, unfortunately. D: They have to inrease their prices in order to make their previous ends meet, and since there is more money pumped into the economy, the value of a dollar is worth less. I do wish that prices would drop, but the value of our money needs to increase before a price drop can take effect. D:
Old October 12th, 2009, 11:57 AM

Its crazy I totally agree. It costs more to go to the movies that to go out to eat sometimes. Thats if you include popcorn and soda. Everything is overpriced in the theater. Sometimes they have student night or seniors night where they can get in for 8 bucks. But thats still expensive compared to how it used to be when I was younger. I went to North Carolina and saw a movie for two people for less that 20 bucks including food. That was last year and there price hasn't raised yet i'm sure.
Old October 13th, 2009, 02:01 PM

i just recently went to the movies.. and it was 33 for 3 ppl thats like.. 11 a ticket.thats half of what a dvd cost haha. wow.. what has this world come too. but they can do it becasue ppl will pay.
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:08 PM

yes i think its outragous the prices at the box office. we are lucky to have a discount movie theater in our city that plays new releases! 4:50 for a matinee ticket b4 4:30 pm and students/seniors are 5.50 regular is 6.50. i dont think those are that bad. but the popcorn and snacks are priced to be at a regular theater..