Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old September 26th, 2009, 05:33 PM

Default Good Remedies?

I remember when I was really young and was sick my parents would make me lemondade using sprite. Maybe it didn't cure me and i think it really helped! What are other home remedies you know of that can help someone feel better when they're sick?
Old September 28th, 2009, 01:34 PM

ughh i remember when i was sick with like a sore throat or something my parents would making me drink honey and lemon.. after while it was good but at first no..im not even sure if that helped but i remember it made me feel a little better
Old September 28th, 2009, 05:44 PM

i dont know about you guys but when im sick. im super sick.. and i cant taste anything hardly feel hungrty so i dont really eat... its hard enough forcing myself to eat some toast to i can take some medication.
Old September 29th, 2009, 03:47 PM

when i was younger i thought my grandma was crazy but when my back molars started growing in she took some Dark Rum and rubbed it directly onto my gums where it hurt and it numbed them enough and i felt so much better.. even tho i think i ended up taking a 3 hr nap.. idk if i was just so tired or if it was the rum lol. also chicking soup in a coffee mug.. idk if it really helps but still to tthis day when ever i get sick i always run to the cabnet for chicken soup in a coffee mug!!
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:51 PM

another home remedy for teeth that are growing in are warm tea bags.. you heat them up and then you stuff them in your cheak next to the sore tooth and the heat or something pulls the pain away from the nerve and it goes away.. it works for young kids aswell just watch them because the tea bags sometimes rip and you donot want them to swallow the tea.
Old November 14th, 2009, 03:53 PM

Hot jello! My mom used to make me hot jello when I was sick. I know its not exactly healthy, but it was SO soothing on my sore throat (I often had strep as a kid). Also it makes any bad tasting medication taste better. Cherry was my favorite. She would put my nasty medication into the cup with hot cherry jello. I didn't know that till I was older. Its a great way to get someone to take some medication!
Old November 14th, 2009, 04:41 PM

I used to get my food made into little silly faces when I was little. My dad would cut the toast with cookie cutters into hearts or stars or little men. It was fun to eat them like that. he would also make mac and cheese for me with colored noodles instead of the normal ones. hey, it worked!
Old November 19th, 2009, 06:52 PM

when i had a sore throat my aunt would always make my cousins and i use a lemon and squeeze out the juices and then add water a tablespoon of salt.. she swear that it would work for us.. it was sooooo sour but hey it worked and i've been using it since!!!