Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old September 26th, 2009, 04:37 PM

Default Omega 3

So I've heard a lot lately that omega 3 fatty acids are really good for you. I know that salmon has omega 3, but where else can I get this? I really do want to increase my omega 3 fatty acids, but I don't want to eat salmon all the time! Anybody have any suggestions?
Old October 10th, 2009, 01:13 PM

I believe it's fish in general that gives you Omega 3, but Salmon is probably the msot famous for it. I think there are also Omega 3 Supplement Pills that are out there which can give you the Omega 3 that you desire. I'd do some research on a place that has Omega 3 pills before you go ahead and get one, but otherwise, go for that.
Old October 17th, 2009, 06:01 PM

I heard on the news that its best to get that from a supplement because when you eat fish you risk taking in more mercury than you want because fish can't process it out of there bodies. You can also get it from tuna. I love replacing tuna for things like beef and chicken. The best bet however is a supplement.
Old October 26th, 2009, 11:53 AM

My mom is always trying to get me to take Omega3. I have no idea why but she takes it. I think its like a supplement to take besides eating fish but Im not so sure. I'm not a pill taking person and I love fish so I'm going to continue to get my omega that way. But does it work in a different way besides a substitute for fish?
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:07 PM

my doctor advised me to start taking omega 3 because it helps restore the fluids and stuff like that in my joints.. i have a weak back and shes saying that i need to do that because there is alot of stuff that i have to work on when trying to strenghten up my back muscles and everything like that.. man im falling asleep here. not a good thing... count down..50 mins till nap time..