Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old September 26th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Default Osteopathic Medicine

Has anyone heard of Osteopathic Medicine? I've heard they are similar to MD doctors in terms of prescribing medicine and such but they learn to do manipulation also. What is manipulation? Is it something I should look for regular check ups?
Old September 26th, 2009, 04:34 PM

My fiance is actually in an Osteopathic Medical School right now and the schooling is really rigourous. He actually practices some manipulation on me. Manipulations are movements that the doctors do with their hands. It can be anywhere from feet to head and there are MANY different types of manipulations that are catered to whatever symptoms you have. The purpose of manipulation is to relax muscles, crack bones, or stimulate blood movement to increase the body's ability to fight off the symptoms. So aside from doing everything other doctors do, osteopathic doctors are also trained to do this. I think you really should ask your hospital or health care provider about osteopathic manipulation and osteopathic doctors. They're highly qualified and compassionate doctors.
Old October 17th, 2009, 05:31 PM

I've never heard of this, but it sounds intresting. Kind of like a mix between western and eastern practices. Almost a two for one deal when going to the doctors. As long as they are good doctors and are actual doctors, I don't see a problem with seeing one. I might even look into this myself. Thanks for bringing it up!
Old November 10th, 2009, 04:57 PM

i think the osteopathic medicine is pretty good. i was having alot of back problems for an accident i was in.. a friend of a friend is actually a osteopathic dr. we were at the beach for the afternoon after talking with him we was like lie down i would like to try something.. sure enought he made my pain go away.. he said all he did was support my spine with his hands and it cause my mucles to relax enought to release the pain! i was amazed!