Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old September 26th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Default Vegans and Vegetarians

For anyone out there who has given up eating meat? I am wondering was it a health reason or a personal reason (you feel bad for the animals)? I am also wondering how long you've been a vegetarian and is it difficult to do? Do you ever have cravings? Sometimes I consider going vegetarian but I don't think I can give up meat forever. I just cut down on it. Give me some insights!
Old September 29th, 2009, 02:47 PM

i cannot give up meat.. i love it to much but my best friend is vegetarian and she did it because she feels bad for the animals.. its kinda hard going out with here because she cant eat fries from certain places because their cooked it fat that is used for meat products and other things. she seams to be doing really good at not eating meat shes been like this for the last 5 yrs and she is really happy about her choice...
Old October 3rd, 2009, 03:28 PM

I have went on a diet where I had to minimize the amount of meat I ate, so I can give you a little bit of insight.

I don't think it's too terrible of a dependence, and it's not that difficult if you're creative with your meals in making them taste good. Besides, personally, unless you have a protein substitute waiting, while it's good to minimize red meat, chicken and meat should still be eaten quite a lot in my opinion. P:
Old October 14th, 2009, 11:20 AM

I tried giving up meat for personal reasons. It was so hard, my parents weren't vegetarians so they would be eating a hamburger and I was stuck with my veggie one which I knew didn't taste as good. I lasted about a year before I finally gave in at thanks giving. I don't think that I can ever totally give up meat like that again, however I dont eat as much of it was I did prior to going veggie.
Old January 11th, 2010, 12:28 PM

i would like to give up meat i mean i basically can becasue i dont really eat that much of it. but i think that me not being able toeat it will make me want it more.. so since i hardly eat it now i think its better this way that way there is no tempation ya know haha
Old January 23rd, 2010, 06:39 PM

I tried to be a vegetarian, I couldn't do it......I woud eventually get cravings for meat.....but then again, I thought about it....essentially, as omnivores, we eat plants and meat beacuse it is how we live. If we cut out one thing from our diet, we'll be missing essential therefore, we shouldn't stop eating meat. It's not good to eat too much of it, but its also no good to eat none of it.
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:16 PM

i have never been or care to be a vegan or vegetarian. i have a friend who is vegetarian and she does it simply because she feels bad for the animals and the way they have to live. its really sad how they treat animals but then again thats how the world works.. i like meat too much to become vegetarian.