Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Men's Health

Old September 26th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Default Prostate exam

What age should men start getting a prostate exam? I'd like to know so I know when to adivse the men in my life to get one. I heard that eating prunes and dates can decrease one's chances of getting prostate cancer. Has anyone else heard this? Any advise or opinions would be really appreciated!
Old October 20th, 2009, 04:54 PM

well i am not sure at the exact age you need to start getting it checked but i think they do it when you get your physicals and stuff for school or when your joining the armed forces. i highly advise my brothers to get them because our grand dad died of prostate canser and usually once u get prostate cancer u usually dont survive unless its dectected right away. it usually spreads.
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:45 PM

Im not sure of the exact age either but I know they check it for guys when they get check ups. Its kindof like girls with cirvical cancer they check for it early and give you shots to help prevent it in the future. I'm not sure if they have a shot for prostate, I'm pretty sure they dont. However, they try to be aware of it, and if it forms, catch it in an early stage so they can get rid of it before it spreads.
Old November 7th, 2009, 04:40 PM

I'd say if your old enough to have sex, you should have all your exams. I know my man hates them, but we all hate getting paps and mamograms too. I say just give him a nudge and show him that you want him to get them because you want him to be around for a long long time.
Old November 25th, 2009, 12:42 PM

I think, pesonally, the time you should get a prostate exam would have to be around when you are 30 years old or 40 years old. It's defiantely a mid-life sort of thing, I think. I'm not sure if you need to take one earlier, but it wouldn't hurt, I think.

But yeah, your mid-life, I would recommend the prostate exam for that.
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:22 PM

im reading in here and alot of you guys are talking about mid life start getting them.. no they should be started around 24 and then get one every two years i have a good friend who at the age of 26 died because he ended up getting prostate cancer and so it has really been a big deal for me having my husband get his checked every 2 years, i dont know hwat i would do if i lost him so young.
Old February 27th, 2010, 04:10 PM

I still think, personally, it should be something that should be regularly done during their mid life....but I don't think it would hurt to do checkups.

But wow, I'm sorry. @_@