Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old September 25th, 2009, 01:43 PM

Default what to do if your child keeps touching him self?

im having a hard time with the fact parents let their kids grab them selfs and stuff like that.my friends son is about 3 1/2 and he constantly has his hand down his pants.. i know children need to learn what they got but i mean letting him walk around like that with out telling him to keep his hands out of his pants.. i think is wrong. what do you think?
Old September 26th, 2009, 02:17 PM

Um.....I am not sure what you mean. If you mean touching themselves in "that" way, then I would try to figure out what happened and how he learned that. If not, I would just tell him about why you think it's wrong.

In any case, that's all I can really say is to intervene and see what happens.
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:57 PM

children are constant explorers so when they stumble upon something that feels good or brings a good sensation the continue to do it. you need to tell him/ or her to keep hands out of the pants.. boys and girls both do it. they are learning that things feel good and so they play and see what happens. i think it is important to tell them that they need to not do that in public and young children usually do not know what there actually doing so it can be easy as keep your hands out of your pants..
Old October 15th, 2009, 04:48 PM

yup. i learn that in my child development class. it's actually pretty normal for little kids to 'explore' themselves. like the person above me said.. if they feel good they are going to continue to do it. but your friend should most defnitely teach his/her son that it's not okay to do that in public.
Old October 28th, 2009, 01:07 PM

i think we can all agree that kids like to explore, and some do discover things that they have no idea about all they know is that it feels good. Its normal, but as parents you have to let them know its not something he/she should do in public or just tell them no to do it at all. there maybe other reasons that the kid might be doing it. So you should just try to talk to him and let him know that he shouldn't be doing that. Talk to his parents and let them know how it may be interpreted by on lookers and see if they would talk to him also. Its kindof weird because you dont think about little kids like that.