Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old September 25th, 2009, 01:00 PM

Default Yoga moves..

does anybody know any yoga type moves that tone the abs and or butt? i am looking to take a class or something to that effect but im not sure yoga is the wright type of exercise to do for what im wanting to tone.. any other ideas? i used to be a dancer when i was younger and i seemed to be inshape but now i feel like im totaly out of shape and in need of some exercise.
Old September 26th, 2009, 03:22 PM

Default yoga

I'm sure if you're taking beginning yoga, the instructor will teach you all need know to tone those areas. As for me, I bought the Wii FIT and its yoga applications are pretty cool. A lot of yoga works on maintaining balance which helps with your torso overall. As for your gluts, I don't recall the name of the poses but it's like a squat pose which helps with gluts i think.
Old October 14th, 2009, 11:16 AM

Yoga is really good for toning muscles. I remember back in highschool my track coach implemented yoga into our work out routine. its was this high intense yogo dvd. After 30 minutes of that alone I was so sore. It wasn't only myself but others on the team as well. It stretched out alot of the muscles that I never thought I even had. I never thought yoga was so intense until then.
Old October 15th, 2009, 04:32 PM

Hey I was actually thinking about getting into Yoga. I'm not the real working out type of person but Yoga seems fair. Where should I get started? You don't have to actually go to a gym to do yoga right? Any videos to recommend? Anything would be nice! thanks!
Old October 16th, 2009, 01:05 PM

um you do not have to belong to a gym to take yoga classes you just have to find one in your area and ask them what they require for you to take their class, alot of local community colleges offer them for a very small fee. check around also if your city has a YMCA program they might offer them there on the weekends as well! good luck.
Old October 20th, 2009, 04:26 PM

well the best way to find a yoga pose that will help target the areas that you want to would probably be to google them. yoga dosnt really help you tone up its more to get connected with your mind and it helps you learn to be more into your other work outs. i would highly suggest pilates they will help you tone up and its kinda like yoga.
Old October 31st, 2009, 04:34 PM

I'm not familiar with yoga poses that target those areas, but you can look them up on the web and see if you can find anything, I'm sure there is something out on the internet that you can find that will help you tone your butt and thighs. Good luck~
Old November 24th, 2009, 03:43 PM

yoga doesnt really tone your body, yoga sessions are made as a way to get intouch with your inner body and mind, i do yoga at least twice a week and it does not cause me to tone anything but i does teach me a closer workout when im doing my other work outs. i like yoga and think its very good for ones health.
Old December 8th, 2009, 03:19 PM

i Love doing yoga. there are so many stretches and movements that really test your inner strength. one pose that really tests your inner concentration and strength is called the peacock. it takes alot of time to master this and be able to hold this position. when it becomes acomplished then the person usually gains a since of self respect.
Old December 8th, 2009, 03:43 PM

i should consider doing yoga as a from of working out.. or mabye i know im going to spell this wrong.. but pilates. hey maybe i did spell it right haha anyways i tink that would be the pefect work out for me.. its simple and i cn do it.. not easy so i can still feel the burn