Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Skincare

Old September 24th, 2009, 12:49 PM

Default Blackheads

how do you guys get rid of the black heads on your nose? have anyone ever use the stick where it has a little loop on one end and a needle on the other? i use that to take out my black heads and for some reason it looks like it gets worst. my friend told me that i'msuppose to close the pore right after i get it out.. how do i do that? toner right?? what kind is good?
Old September 26th, 2009, 03:54 PM

I saw this thing on skincare on tv, the expert said that if you put a hot (BUT NOT BURNING) towel on your face for a few minutes then rinse your face, this should help remove and prevent blackheads. I guess the reason for this is because black heads are caused by oil and dirt build up so the steam from the hot towel is suppose to help clear away the build up. I also heard that the black head removers (those sticky things) don't help and actually make the problem worse. I think it's true because I use to use those sticky removers and I never saw the problem get better. I've stop using them and just try to wash my face better and I do see my black heads have reduced dramatically.
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:53 AM

yuukk i hate blackheads and they hurt too! i know what you mean when you say the stick with the loop on one end. my mom used that.. i remember haha this might be kinda gros.. but i remember one time i had a black hear 8unfer my nose and she used that to help me get it out.
Old September 29th, 2009, 06:01 PM

the little black head sticks do work but if u use to much pressure it can actually force more junk into the problem area. so be careful and they recomend if your going to use them you should fill the sink with Hot(steamy) water cover your head with a towel( like lean toward the sink not in it then drape the towel over ur head and cover the sink) the steam will open your pores then the stick thing removes them easy and pain less. its something to do either after the steam in the sink or a hot shower..
Old September 30th, 2009, 02:53 PM

yeah hot showers open up your pores .. thats when i do it. i also cute my finger nails after im out of the shower i dont know why ubt i di plus they are a little softer so makes things easier.
Old October 1st, 2009, 10:30 AM

oh yeah i know what you mean! when you get out of the shower your skin is all soggy and soft.. i would use the cuticle stick and push all my cuticles down and cut them. that's like the best timet o do it in my opinion! as for the black heads.. i like to use the stream machine ( i don't remember what's it called) to open up the pores and then take out the black heads
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:53 PM

to get rid of my blackheads I've always used the hot water on and a scrubber and my regular acne treatment thing. I've never really had a problem with blackheads just blemishes. I notice also that by doing facial masks and all that stuff it might get rid of some of the oil buildup in your pores that cause blackheads.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:34 PM

there is some kind of tool that you can buy and you soak your face and u use a steamer to get your pores open and once you get them open then you run this tool along your skin and its said that the black heads will all come out and then you will no longer have to deal wit the ugly spots.. i have that problem with them on the crease of my nose on both sides.. i had a black head once n used tweezerrs to get it.. dont do it.. i have a HUGE scar.
Old January 6th, 2010, 01:16 PM

I hate blackheads with passion. I haven't had any appearant ones that I saw recently so thats good. Before it used to be bad especially on my Nose....i know gross. So I tried doing the strip pealing thing...Man did that hurt. So I vowed never again. I now use a "doctor recommended" product...for my super sensitive skin...thank goodness I went to a dermatologist because I dont know what I would've done. But what I use doesn't cause me to break out and its gradually getting rid of my blemishes which is great
Old January 13th, 2010, 06:13 PM

yes!! as do i! they are literally a pain! i always try to take mine out when have them and seriously my eyes water ughhh .. anyways lots of facewash just keep your pores as clean as possible. alwasy remove makeup