Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old September 24th, 2009, 12:45 PM

Default Mcdonald

As a kid, we all use to love goingt o mcdonald. it was like going to the zoo.. or at least to my sisters, cousins, and i. but you know, being at this age.. you notice things. how health is mcdonald really for a kid? how much is too much??
Old September 25th, 2009, 11:49 AM

yes i remember being younger and eating nothing but micky d's. haha now im older and relise the whole thing about how unhealthy things are it makes me wonder if children should eat it as much.. i mean i lived off fast food all the way into my 20's till i got an appartmen n learned to cook and im still live n kicking.. haha but i think twice before taking my niece and nephew there!
Old September 26th, 2009, 02:26 PM

McDonalds is in no way healthy. The only thing that is considered healthy would be the Salad, and if you have any dressing, then it's not at all healthy. I don't think that it's bad to eat it, but we used to eat it a lot back then.

I think I remember Supersize Me, and they mentioned that when we eat McDonalds, we remember feeling good, so our childhood memories and those feelings of goodness keep calling us back.
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:55 PM

I rememeber I used to get all excited whenever I saw a McDonald's playground. My parents would by me a kids meal, which I really never finished, I was there just for the playground. I thought it was the best thing ever until I went to Disney Land. Even as a kid I never really like their food I just liked the toys that came with the kids meal and of course the playgrounds. I was never really a junk food eating kid even though my parents allowed it. Even now I only eat it if I absolutely have to.
Old October 19th, 2009, 05:18 PM

yeah i think every kid knows who rondald mcdonald is and the the golden arches. i use to love mcdonslad i still love there fries and chiken nuggets there are soo good . but i dont remember the last time i had mcdonald. i normally eat at home does anyone remember that movie super size me?
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:55 PM

Mcdonalds was the best place whe I was akid, I was eating and inhaling Chicken McNuggets every weekend, and I paid the price with my waistline. However, I am losing it, thankfully. I think with everything, you need to exercise caution and responsibility with everything you do. Therefore, if you're going to eat McDonalds, you're going to practice responsibility, but personal and financial. At least, that's my opinion.
Old October 31st, 2009, 06:04 PM

McDonalds was good when I was little, but I really don't like it now. It's defiantely not healthy, but when is fast food healthy?

Personally, I would at least eat fast food once a week if you're going to eat it at all. And I think personally, McDonalds is around the middle/high-end of fast food, at least compared to Burger King and Wendy's. D:
Old November 21st, 2009, 03:53 PM

McDs and other fast food places are great for a family to get together and have a quick meal and a little bit of fun. I say McDs is great once in a while, espically the ones with playlands. What we have to think about is what the child is eating. Instead of getting a fry, how about some apple slices? They offer them! Instead of a soda how about some apple juice or milk? They offer them! It is the parent who should be ordering the meals, not the child. Then after (or heck before even!) they eat let them play! Running around is far better than sitting in front of the TV. There is nothing wrong with having a cheese burger either, as long as it is once in a while and not everyday.
Old November 25th, 2009, 12:33 PM

McDonalds is really the worst place to eat when it comes to what you can order. While you can order alternative foods like apple slices, juice, or milk, why would you? It costs money to pay for something you can make or offer yourself. Personally, you would only go there for the burgers and fries, and they are not that good to begin with. I'd stay away from McDonalds until you become a teenager.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:09 PM

Oh I remember just how excited I would be when my parents would take me to Mcdonald. I think the best thing for me was just going there with my sisters and cousins and just playing in the play area! We take my brother there here and there. I know it is indeed unhealthy but little boy gets a treat sometimes. At least it's not a everyday kind of thing.