Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old September 24th, 2009, 12:43 PM

Default Shedding way too many hair!

okay so i notice that i've been losing a lot of hair. or at least it feels like i am. like whenever i'm done showering.. i comb out my hair and then i see gazillion of hair on my brush. i don't feel like i'm really stressing so is there another reason for this or is this completely normal?
Old September 24th, 2009, 12:57 PM

i know stress have something to do with hair shedding but if you said you're not stressing then that may not be the case. it's normal to lose your hair but i really don't know howmuch is really normal. not trying to scare you, but i remember watching some oprah and the lady was telling her how she kept losing hair and it was because she had a little tumor. i say, to be safe than sorry.. go to your doctor and tell them about your situation! it wouldn't hurt =)
Old September 26th, 2009, 03:36 PM

Default hair loss

Yea I was watching Dr. Oz on Oprah and he said that if you're losing a riduculous amount of hair you should definitely see your doctor because it might be hair to make yourself worry then just go see the doctor and gets some answers. Good luck!
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:21 PM

Stress is sometimes considered the major cause of hair loss by most people, however, there maybe an underlying reason to that happening. You can try using a different shampoo that may help stop the breakage. But you might also want to consult your doctor and see if it is indeed normal.
Old October 14th, 2009, 05:02 PM

yeah myt sister has been losing alot of hai as well.. i once saw her hairbrush and i ws like when was the alst time you cleaned it out.. and she was all.. llast week.. there was so much hair its crazy.. haha.. but yeah i thin sher was just stressed with school and everything .
Old October 16th, 2009, 01:55 PM

it is natural to lose hair. it happens alot you notice it more if you wear your hair in a pony tail but its totally natural it is said you usually lose about 100 strands of hair a day. i dont think that you should worrie i think that it is ok if your losing it.
Old October 31st, 2009, 06:10 PM

You can lose strands of hair if you wear it in a ponytail? o_o Ack! D:

In any case, I have to go with the stress idea, that it can lose your hair. Otherwise....I'd check it out with your doctor just to be sure, mainly because it does sound pretty weird.
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:40 PM

I totally understand what you're talking about. It bothers me too, I've tried everything from anti-breakage shampoos to Moisterizing conditioners. Most of them made the problem worse. So I started using natural shampoos and conditioners and they actually work really well. I was suprised, but pleased because they were kindof expensive. It was worth the money though because I got the results I wanted!!!
Old February 3rd, 2010, 01:57 PM

I think it is normal to shed hair just not a huge amount of it. We have dead hair that needs to be brushed out and stuff like that but It shouldn't be an exorbant amount thats for sure. I know I loose alot of hair but I don't pay that much attention to it because I'll grow back and if it doen't theres nothing wrong with long hair thats for sure.
Old February 8th, 2010, 05:28 PM

I noticed that this was happening to me too so then I started using a new all natural hair product to kind of get rid of all the sheddage lol. So far I haven't gotten rid of that much hair. So I guess its doing okay but hopefully it works in the long term. I honestly am trying to grow my hair out because I'm tired of short hair and want a little bit of length added to it. wish me luck!!!