Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Car Electronics

Old September 24th, 2009, 12:32 PM

Default Car navi can read a cop?

This is what I heard from a friend okay. So he was telling me that if you have a car that have a navi installed in it.. you can tell when a cop is reading your speed. You can tell by, when the navi start to get fuzzy. Is that true? Or is he just making this sotry up?
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:00 PM

I never heard that one but my friend has this thing thats like a tracker on his GPS that tells you where a cop is with in a 5-10 mile radius. Its pretty cool and expensive but it came as a deal with his car throught his dad, since my friend drives like he's apart of NASCAR...I never saw any advertisements for this product and i dont even know where he got it all i know is that it works. You have to admit its pretty cool when you think about it.
Old October 19th, 2009, 05:25 PM

oh cool i didnt didnt even know they could do that to answer the first question i have no idea if its true or not.. in mean it might be tru.. but ive never heard anyone say anything like that
Old January 25th, 2010, 02:22 PM

hmm ive never heard that but hey you never know i mean you cant be that surprrised with all the things they are coming out with these days . but as far as i know.. ive never heard of anything like this .. haha it would be funny tho no one would get speeding tickets
Old February 24th, 2010, 10:48 AM

I've actually heard of these. My friend has one he actually showed it to me when I was hanging out with him not to long ago. It wasn't a Navi though it was more of a radar system kinda. And he had his dad ship it over from Europe and got it programed by one of his programming friends. It's pretty cool and he's into gadgets and all that stuff so its understandable.
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:02 PM

yes there called radar readers.. all my friends have them.. we use them when we go to like vegas or the river.. simply because on the highway they have so many cops that like to hide and so when u use the radar detecter you can know when your with in radar of a cop and then you can hopefully not get a ticket.. ive seen so many people who have gotten pulled over on the way to the river and that basically ruins their weekend..
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Flow View Post
yes there called radar readers.. all my friends have them.. we use them when we go to like vegas or the river.. simply because on the highway they have so many cops that like to hide and so when u use the radar detecter you can know when your with in radar of a cop and then you can hopefully not get a ticket.. ive seen so many people who have gotten pulled over on the way to the river and that basically ruins their weekend..

your so right we use one in our truck when were taking the boat out for the weekend or basically anytime we go on a long trip we put in in the car so that way we can detect when a cop is near by.
Old February 27th, 2010, 06:08 PM

A Navi, a Radar Reader.....hmmmm......while I do understand that the device is kinda cool, I'm just thinking it might be better just not to speed or move so fast on the streets. I can't believe that there are so many speeders that we actually have had to make a device that finds cops so we won't speed. That's both sad and funny. xD
Old March 10th, 2010, 12:49 PM

Wouldn't that be so cool if it came standard in cars with Navi Systems. I was watching this racing show the other day about those swooped up street racing cars. And they were talking about this type of technology....and they kinda danced along the lines that it exists...but I mean it would just be like a radar and I guess if you have a really smart programmer they could figure out a way to have it only scout out cops....its possible. I want one!!!
Old March 27th, 2010, 05:30 PM

A Radar Reader? Is that legal? :O To have a device that like that?

I'm not sure if something like that would be a great idea. I mean, wouldn't it be a better idea if, I don't know, KEEP BELOW THE SPEED LIMIT!? D:

But yeah, the speed limit is something you gotta remember.