Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Bath & Body

Old September 24th, 2009, 12:04 PM

Default Sun burned.

BOOO.. so I went to Sea World this past weekend and my skin is ooober sensitive. My skin is pretty white, so being the dumb me.. I was so excited, that I forgot to put on sunblock. Grrr.. So when I came back I went to go shower and when I was looking at myself it looked like I was still wearing a invisible shirt because of all those crazy tan lines. =( What should I put on my burns and how long will these tan lines go away =(
Old September 24th, 2009, 12:35 PM

I hate getting tan lines, especially the ones you DON'T want! For the burn, put some aloe on it. go buy it in the drug store. Try to find the one without all these crazy chemicals in it. Look for the one with the most aloe. It helps cool down the burn. And it really works! As for the lines, the onlyt hing to do is wait it out.. unless someone knows of another way cause I wanna know too!
Old September 25th, 2009, 12:04 PM

um they best thing for burns is aloe but i got one its contains lannocain. its stuff you spray on cuts and burns so its a combo and it has an instant cooling effect. works amazing. i looked like a lobster after i fell asleep at the beach and the ex bf did a horible job of putting on the lotion.. i had RED burnt spots where he missed the lotion and the backs of my knees were to burned it hurt to walk, n asfar as getting rid of tan lines try getting a spray on tan. it will cover for a bit.
Old October 12th, 2009, 12:58 PM

You should try Aloe Vera...It calms the burning sensation in your skin. If you cant get the actual gel you can try the lotions with aloe as a major ingredient. Its very soothing it doesn't really have a certain smell so its good for people with sinus problems. They sell the actual plant at Home Depot for around 10 bucks and it works better than going and buying the product already processed because its natural and more potent.
Old October 12th, 2009, 04:17 PM

yeah aloe vera.. im thinking thats your best shot..but i feel for you.. i also burn super fast.. so i always make sure to put sunblock on espeically on my face.. i rememeber once i went to knotts berry farm and i had racoon eyes and a tank top burn it was crazy. and i put sunblock on!
Old October 13th, 2009, 02:03 PM

ugg thats the worst im sorry! hope it went downa little i know how you feel. becasue i burn easlily too and when i take showers.. oooommmyy let me tell you haha it is not good.
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:19 AM

You should try using some kind of soothing lotion that has botanical oils in it. I've always used natural aloe whenever I got sunburned and the Jell from the Aleo soothes my skin pretty fast. The first time I tried it I was shocked at how well it worked. Sunburns do take awhile to go away, but they eventually do. the crappy part of the whole thing besides getting burnt, is looking like a roasted lobster for a couple days.
Old November 5th, 2009, 06:51 PM

don't we all just hate getting sunburned and getting red skin after!! booo.. but yes aloe vera is the best way to go. the one without all the extra ingredients is better! if you can, get the plant and rub the juice from the inside on your skin. *yawn* i'm tired have a good day guys.
Old November 10th, 2009, 04:25 PM

yes sun burns are the worst. i would put alot of aloe vera on the sunburned area. makesure you drink plenty of water in hopes of getting some of those cells rehydrated. and stay out of the sun for a few days that will help you from getting worse. i know it sucks but thats what you need to do. and try and apply sunscreen to the areas if your going to be out at all.
Old November 16th, 2009, 05:17 PM

yikes!! i will never forget when i got a really bad sun burn that i couldnt even sit down.. super pain ful it was on the back of my legs and let me tell you.. omg it hurt soo bad when i would drive hahah becasue i had to sit on me burn the entire time