Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Hair & Nail

Old September 24th, 2009, 11:41 AM

Default split ends

where does split ends come from?? or how do they even happen. when i was young, i love splitting them but someone told me it's bad too do that.. is that true? and how do i avoid having split ends in the future when i chop off all these damage hairss???
Old September 28th, 2009, 02:36 PM

i tinik split ends are just dead hair basically.. like when you striaghten your hair the heat dries it out and eventually it becausr brittle and spilts. you can try to use a heat protection spray before you use anything that has a high tempature. like a blow dryer or straigthner.
Old September 30th, 2009, 03:31 PM

yeah i use one of those heat protection sprays ,, the last time i went to get my hair done my hair dresser recommneded i use it since i did just recently cut my hair and i have to straighten it almost everyday now. really does help.
Old October 7th, 2009, 01:55 PM

Split ends are mostly dead or damaged hair ends. I dont know why you need to get them trimmed for them to grow. People always said that you need to but I always thought that the roots are what is important not the ends. The only thing I can think of is that your hair looks healthier with out split ends but I dont think its horrible if you dont trim them.
Old October 29th, 2009, 02:02 PM

I'm not a hair expert but split end comes from dry damage hair? I use to have a lot until I when I trimmed my hair recently. Just use heat protectant when you plan on applying heat to your hair. It can do a lot of damage. Bleaching your hair can always cause your hair to fry also.
Old October 30th, 2009, 04:23 PM

Default damaged hair

I dont really get split ends that much at least I havent for a long time. I think yeah if you do a lot of straightening or curling of your hair then it does damage your hair and then you hair starts to split. but I dont really straighten or curl my hair. I dont even use the blow dryer I just let it dry naturally so i think that helps it. also i think it helps that my hair strands are really thick. I think that maybe try using shampoo that is made especially for dry damaged hair. I think that will help a lot. also i know that there is like conditioning formula that you can just rub on your hair so i think that will also help alot
Old November 2nd, 2009, 12:29 PM

split ends are horrible especially if you're trying to grow healthy hair. Its annoying how unhealthy your hair looks when you have split ends and don't trim them. It has this frayed crazy look about it that doesn't make it as appealing as trimmed ends does. Alot of people think that it doesn't matter but it does. If you notice in hair commericals all the models in the comericals hair have no split ends.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 03:50 PM

yeah i couldnty agree more.. i think split ends are annoying.. i mean who wants that look at the tips of your hairs.. not cool.. espeically if you have short hair like i do
Old November 9th, 2009, 02:30 PM

I think its because of hair breakage...which could just be buy applying too much heat to your hair. As simple as that. Its better if you get the trimed because it makes your hair look more presentable and nicer kept. And in today's society, unfortunately, appearance is everything. I've heard that by trimming your ends it makes your hair grow healthier...i'm confused about that concept. But it does make sence that it looks nicer....
Old November 13th, 2009, 04:30 PM

I seriously think split ends are the most annoying thing ever. I dont get it that much but I think it is just like dead hair or just like damaged hair. I dont really actually have that many split ends since i dont really dont do anything to my hair i just let it be. I mean i barely even dry my hair with a dryer i usually just let it dry naturally. but i think if you have a lot just use special shampoo that targets damaged hair i think it will help a lot.