Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Sexual Health

Old September 24th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Default A different kind of contraceptive

birth control pills and patches are the fairly known ones. does anyone know anyone that have used the "Y" before. i heard of it but i don't really know how it works. i know you have to actually pay for this and it doesn't come free. my mama wants me to go on the Y instead of pills and patches because she thinks the whole thing messing with my hormone is a no go. but i'm just wondering if anyone ever used it before and is it uncomfortable?
Old September 24th, 2009, 12:13 PM

my mom is actually on the Y.. and yes we do talk about these kinds of things.. and she like it better. she said it doesn't really feel like anything. like putting a tampon inside of you. she prefers it over the patches because the patches made her leg feel numb before and that means she was ont he verge of having a blood clot which can result in a stroke. it's up to a certain number of days and then you have to take it out before bacteria starts forming.
Old September 25th, 2009, 12:25 PM

the "y" seems to work good but im not sure i would choose to use it because it can cause bacteria to build up and it can also be painful if you are choosing to engage in sexual activitys.. it can get pushed up way to high and cause major discomfort, but then again the pill has many side effects as well. have u ever thought about getting the shot? that works for 5 yrs.
Old September 28th, 2009, 02:51 PM

haha when i read the title of this thread it made me think of that nuva ring commcerical.. monday tuesday wendesday.. haha anyways sorry.. yeah ive been thinking about taking birth control. im leaning more towards the pill. then anything else.
Old October 16th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Default Y

The Y is a metal or plastic band that is placed inside of the vagina and blocks off the tubes so that semen cannot pass through and get you preg. There are risks to any birthcontrol, however, you should be the one to make this choice. This is your body. You should know that there is no medical reason for you to have your period every month. Woman who are preg do not have periods (or are not suppose to) and all the hormones are doing is making your body think it already has the hormons. Talk with your doctor about the choices. Many woman now pick depro shots. they arent painful and allow three months between without taking a pill.
Old May 7th, 2010, 12:16 PM

they odds for pregancy are alot higher when using this method of birthcontrol.. but then again thats when you should use more protection adn if nesscery cut back on the amount of sex you have to lower your odds for having a baby i think with the y shaped insert that you have a 1/100 chance. thats good odds taht your going to have a baby unless you use some other choice of birthcontrol.