Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:10 PM

Default special k diet.

has anyone ever tried it..
how did it go?
did you like it?
Old September 24th, 2009, 11:56 AM

i never had a special k diet.. but i love eating those special k garnolla (i know i know i spelled it wrong..) bars with the strawberry yogurt on the bottom.. it's deelicious.. as for the cereal.. i never had it but my mama loves it! she usually have a bowl every morning.
Old September 26th, 2009, 02:44 PM

Do you mean a Special K diet, as in, you involve Special K in your meals and cooking/using it, or having Special K in every single meal? If it's the former, I'm not sure how it'd work, but it'd be interested in the very least. As for the latter, not a good idea since you'd be lacking certain nutreients that you'd get from other foods.
Old October 10th, 2009, 02:15 PM

I also agree with Melissa. I don't think a Special K diet is not a good idea in the long run. I think it may be useful in the short term, but you should have a diet that does not revolve around a particular food such as cereal, it's better to just have an all-around nutritious diet than go on one of these specialty diets.
Old October 19th, 2009, 02:20 PM

I've heard about the diet but I'm not sure if its really that healthy like Melissa stated. Its great that you might loose weight but when you're over all health is concerned you shouldn't put it on the back burner. Maybe you can go on a 'healthy food' diet where you eat balanced meals, get your daily fibers,and servings of fruits/vegetables on a daily basis.
Old October 19th, 2009, 06:08 PM

i want to tree it i mean its only a week. soo theres no harm in trying it right? yesh im sure its not the most efficant way to diet.. but if it helps it helps. plus special k is pretty tasty i love the bar mmm:]
Old October 21st, 2009, 06:41 PM

i always say im going to start this.. and i never do.. like i mean i mean too but i go to target and i forget to buy the supplies soo its something i want to do but i never get around to doing soo.. plusi love special k haha. its seems like a diet i can do
Old November 9th, 2009, 02:42 PM

I've heard about it and thought about it and it didn't sound to healthy. Maybe for some people it would work for awhile but its probably not something to do if you're looking for a long term diet. Imagine just eating cereal day and night. No meats, no veggies, no breads/starch. all that good stuff. I'll get sick of eating cereal all the time. the thought is pretty cool...maybe for two weeks but for longer than that I couldn't do it.
Old November 11th, 2009, 06:22 PM

yumm speical k has a diet?? sounds like something i can do.. i love special k bars and im sure the cereal is great too. actually i dont know wy im acting suprised i just rememberd all those commericals they had about the diet haha
Old November 11th, 2009, 06:59 PM

my mom tired it and she said she lost around 4 or 5 pounds on it.. which is good enought for me.. so im going to go buy all the special k products but apparently you have to use all the products the cereals, water, snacks.