Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Seniors' Health

Old September 23rd, 2009, 03:34 PM

Default gifts for my gma

my gmas bday is coming up and i always just kinda ask her what she wants and orma;;y its the same thing.. some perfume or like this one oil for her skin. but i want to give her something meaningful .. she has tons of pictures and picture frams filled with picture.. im thinking of getting her a bigg picture fram and filling it.. what do you think?
Old September 24th, 2009, 10:44 AM

i think framing pictures would mean more than perfumes so yes it sounds good! i remember when i was at my boyfriend's mamas hosue they had a real cute picture frame.. it was like the grandparentsin the middle and their kids baby pictures around them.
Old September 25th, 2009, 11:17 AM

ok that is a good idea just make sure to include the rest of the grandkids in on it or they might become upset. i thought it would be a good idea to take a sibbling picture enlarge it and give it to my grandmother the other grandkids were upset because i did not include them and we did an over the normal 5x7 size picture.. it is a good idea!
Old October 20th, 2009, 03:35 PM

a nice gift is a throw blanket with a pretty picture is always nice another great gift idea is if your grandma is able to get around and can travel make coupons the are valid for activitys you can do with her. "take shopping at the mall", " grab dinner at a restraunt of her choice", "spend the night at your house", "clean her house", diffrent things like that are always nice. i make one for my grandma a year ago. hers included "spend the weekend at my appartment with me", "go to san diego for dinner one evening", "get our hair and nails done together",and one "home cooked meal provided by me". she loved them. all had terms and conditions on the back like a real coupon. ( ex- must let me know a week in advance before using the coupon, not combined with any other coupons. silly things like that. she had the best time.
Old November 14th, 2009, 02:43 PM

A picture would be good, but you say she has a lot of those already. Would she have any place left to put a big picture frame? I like the blanket idea. I know when my grandparents were alive they were always using blankets over their laps when they were sitting because they got cold easy. And you can get one of those blankets that is personalized with a picture or something on it.
Old February 9th, 2010, 05:38 PM

i think a picture frame sounds like a wonderful idea to give to your grandma. thats something that she could truly treasure for the rest of her life. i would really love to get a picture of my family to hang in my living room to display. all my friends have very nice family photos hanging out around their living rooms and i am sad that i dont have any hanging in my house.
Old February 27th, 2010, 06:34 PM

I agree, a picture frame is something good as well. Personally, I think the best gift is actually something personal, something creative, something that is really heartfelt, I think. I would say a piece of artwork, or writings, or something like that.

In any case, I would recommend that.
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:26 AM

depending on your grandmas age it just really depends on what you could do. my grandma is on the older side above 80 so for her i usually just take her to get her hair done but if your grandma is on the younger side or is very active you can take her to like the spa or something to pamper her. im not really sure, i bought my grandma a blanket for her recliner chair so when shes watching tv she can be warm.
Old March 18th, 2010, 04:43 PM

for my grandma's birthday.. all the cousins (her grandchildrens) got together... there's a good amount of us.., like 25.. from the new borns to cousins with kids so we all met up at the park and took a nice cousin picture.. we took tons of pictures so there was a lot to choose from.. so after we settled on which pictures.. we took it to costco to enlarge it. it was a normal pose and a silly pose.. we bought a frame and everything for it.. now it's hanging in her living room.