Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:28 PM

Default cant sleep at night.

i seriously have the hardest time trying to sleep at night. its terrible some nights i can sleep fine. but others it takes me until 4 in the morning to sleep and then i wake up at around 8. or i'll go to sleep fine at night.. and wake up a couple times in the middle of the night. anyone else have this issue?
Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:53 PM

yeah i sometimes have that issue i always say i have like insomia or something because i can never sleep! i once dated this guy and when i would stay at his place he would be sound asleep and i would literally lay there for hrs.. its was torture.. but i think because it wasnt my own bed so i couldnt sleep haha
Old September 23rd, 2009, 02:50 PM

i think if i had that problem i would be very annoyed but i remember a time when i couldnt sleep and how furstrating it got.. i took a sleeping pill one time and no joke i knocked out until like 2 in the afternoon soo no more. haha
Old September 25th, 2009, 11:10 AM

try taking a yoga class in the evenings before you go to bed.. some studios offer as late as a 10pm yoga class. they have this one pose you lay on your back(breathing steadly is key) legs about hip with apart and arms sorta out by your side.. put on music the has no lyrics, then invision your feet relaxing.. n all the way up to the top of your head.. it should help you relax and fall right asleep.
Old October 7th, 2009, 12:51 PM

I have this problem too!! I've noticed that if I either do something active, or try and relax my body I tend to go to sleep faster. And then there's always a sleeping pill you can use. I dont like taking sleeping pills because sometimes they leave me feeling slightly drowzy throughout the rest of my day.
Old October 8th, 2009, 03:29 PM

yeah exactly sometime when i take sleeping pill i feel all drugged out the next day and just even more tired like i just want to sleep all day long.. soo i wouldnt really want to take one during the week when i have work early the next day. or especially if i have class.. that would not be good at all.
Old October 8th, 2009, 05:53 PM

i feel the same way whenever i do take the spelling pills they literally knock you out.. and then the next day its super hard for me to get up i'll get up but be all drowsey and tired .. falling back to sleep anychance i get.
Old October 10th, 2009, 01:24 PM

Hmm....I'm not sure what I can say about this. I would go see the doctor if this has ben a persistent issue for a couple of months. However, I would try to do something while you're in bed, maybe read a book or play a game, or listen to the radio and just zone out. Otherwise, I would think that you should see the doctor if it's too consistent or if it's been going on for months.
Old October 16th, 2009, 04:58 PM

Default Sleep issues

I have sleeping problems too. They are related to my anxiety and depression. If its just hard for you to try and fall alseep try talking 25 mg of benadryl (in a normal bottle its just one pill) and that will help you sleep. If that doesnt work, you most likely have an underlinging issue that you need to work on, stress, minor aches and pains, to gas can all keep you from gettinga good nights rest!
Old October 26th, 2009, 01:16 PM

I remember watching an episode of Opera when she talked about this. Bascially the doctor that she had on the show said that alot of people have sleep insomnia because of the many distractions that are in the room that they sleep in. Whether its a blinking alarm clock or a crack of light coming from under your door or window. She said if you get rid of the distractions and things that keep you awake then you should be able to sleep better. She also recommended getting...i forgot what they are called but the go over your eyes when you sleep kind of like a blind fold.