Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Women's Health

Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:12 PM

Default douching?

what exactly is it? i mean i get the concept and all but is it even nessecssary to do?
Old September 23rd, 2009, 03:36 PM

ive always been curious too.. i know some older women do it.. but cant you just use like a cleanse in the shower? idunno what it is or how its used but i would like to know.. so someone let me know lol
Old October 16th, 2009, 05:45 PM

Default Its Bad!

Douching is so very bad for your body. It disrubts the normal blance of your body. It gets rid of bad bacteria and good bacteria. Most doctors will tell you its not a good idea to douch normally. If you have a big night with a boyfriend and your just getting over your period, then it might be ok to douch. However, keep these risks in mind. It can cause infections and disrupt the functions of your system.
Old October 20th, 2009, 02:39 PM

it all depends on the person it is usually not advised. is can disrupt normal activity that is there. if there is a need such as a funky smell or something to that affect which can cause discomfort than just becareful. it wont hurt you if you do it but at the same time its not something you would want to do as a weekly thing.
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:40 PM

its not something that you should do regularly, maybe once in awhile. I think that it gets rid of bad ordors and bacteria buildup in that area. Most girls douch after thier period, which most doctors would says you should do anyway. Some people have strong feelings against douching but then again somepeople do it at a regular set time "douching period" mostly every month or every other month and they're fine. I dont get though how some people do it even though they dont need to. Thats just me, I dont try to solve non-existant problems.
Old December 15th, 2009, 12:07 PM

ive never tried but i remember one of my moms friend was trying to tell us to clean out are vaginal area with vinger one time?? does anyone do that? ive never tried the furthers i have gone is just summers eve i think thats what its caled and its femine wash.
Old December 21st, 2009, 05:33 PM

Jayden...vinegar would burn...thats like putting hot sause down there. I can't believe someone would tell you to do that. But I was reading this book from back in the 1800s before they had condoms they would use vinegar and something else as a contraceptive so they would wipe Vagina with the Vinegar mix and it would prevent pregancy...seem reaction when I read that....VINEGAR BURNS...rite? idk

back to douching I've never done it but my aunt does it after ever 3 or four period cycles and she's been telling me about it...i dont need to do it though so I guess i'm lucky I dont know.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 04:47 PM

i am not sure that douching is nessacery.. that whole vinigar thing not only seems like it might burn but vinigar smells horrible i would not want my vagina smelling like that hell no. most doctors say that you do not need to douchbecuae it takes good and bad bacteria out and so if your take the good bacteria out it is actually easy to catch something bad,