Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:34 AM

Default snacks.

what are some healthy snack you guys eat through out the day? i need some new ideas im getting sick of the same ones every day.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:54 AM

i know what you mean.. i went from special k bars.. to fressh fruit in the morning.. to smoothies .. i just try to switch it up every now and then i i alwasy drink lots and lots of water to go with it too.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:43 PM

although i dont get to eat it as often as i would like too.. i love cream of wheat.. its soo good! i would love to eat that for breakfast every morning.. haha is it even healthy for you?
Old September 23rd, 2009, 02:48 PM

yummy cream of wheat is soo good.. i have been eating soo much lately like more the usual and normally i awlays allow my self a fat week.. but this week is expanding to two weeks! haha so i need healthy snacks like right now i have a bag of chocolate chips cookies! ah and water
Old September 26th, 2009, 01:46 PM

Personally, I stick to fruits and various kinds of nuts when it comes to snacks. Bananas and apples are really good, although I don't like to eat apples inside because of fruit flies. >:[

Nuts are really good, especially since they're very filling.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Sears View Post
Personally, I stick to fruits and various kinds of nuts when it comes to snacks. Bananas and apples are really good, although I don't like to eat apples inside because of fruit flies. >:[

Nuts are really good, especially since they're very filling.
I definately agree with nuts being a good snack, but I wouldn't recommend eating too much of them. Since nuts were used by small animals as something to store over the winter, there are a lot of calories in nuts. However, I would still recommend them over something like chips or a protein bar in my opinion.
Old October 5th, 2009, 10:08 AM

i should try that.. ive been needed to find a new morning snack to snack on when im at work.. but im not a huge fan of nuts i mean the ones in trail mix yeah but other then that i will not eat almonds or walnuts. uck. lol
Old November 7th, 2009, 04:10 PM

How about some things that you wouldn't normally think of? We all know that veggies are great, to change it up I would throw in some spices. How about slightly cooking carrots and adding a little dill (just a little). Toss them in a baggie and they are nummy hot or cold! Apple slices cooked make for great cold snacks. You can also add garlic and pepper to green bell peppers.
Old November 19th, 2009, 06:24 PM

i seriously love turning to fruits when it comes to snacks.. you can never go wrongw ith fruits.. i loev just grabbing an apple to munch on when i'm hungry.. it fulls up my stomach and it doesn't make me full all disgusting and bloated!!! strawberries are yummy too.. Mmmm..
Old November 20th, 2009, 06:08 PM

I usually like eating those small packets of carrots that you can buy at the grocery store. They come with ranch which is great since I dont really like eating raw carrots on their own. I also like eating fruit as snacks especially tangerines which are very convenient. I really like eating grapes as snacks because they are so convenient especially the seedless ones because you can just pop them into your mouth without having any trash that goes a long with it. cherries are also a great snack and bananas are good too.