Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Hair & Nail

Old September 21st, 2009, 12:15 PM

Default chipped nail polish!

ii hate hate hate! when my nail polish is chipped to me it looks super... tacky i guess you can say.. but i dont laways have time to sit there and fix my nails everytime it starts to chip.. i always feel like everyone is starting at them when there not painted nicley.. but then again i think its in my head haha..
Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:59 AM

haha i know what you mean thats exactly how my nails are right now and i mean too to repaint them i just start doing other things and eventually forget . my mom always use to tell me" how ulgy"my nails looked when they were chipped.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:22 PM

Default nail polish

yeah same here I just get super annoyed when my nail polish starts to chip it just gets super annoying like i wish there were some longer lasting nail polish out there does anyone have any suggestions? also for some reason whenever i put nail polish on there is always air bubbles is it because the nail polish is cheap or something cuz that happens whenever i use revlon or whatever but when i use my mom's channel nail polish it just never seems to have air bubbles
Old October 12th, 2009, 12:48 PM

I hate it too and I felt the same way, but you'll be amazed at how people dont even notice and some really dont care. There are a few who do. Usually I just paint them over quickly and go about my merry way. If its mostly chipped off I take it off completely. Right now I dont bother using nail polish because im too lazy to even fix it.
Old October 20th, 2009, 03:11 PM

alot of it also depends not only on what brand of paint you are using but if you shake them well and if they have a little ball in there so it can mix them up. i have bought a few nail polishes and bought little craft bead balls and put them in so it could mix them up. it seems to work and keep the polish mixed. opi is a good brand. well atleast it works good for me. i like it
Old November 2nd, 2009, 04:53 PM

i have this now! agh its soo ugly haha but i need to cut my nails and repaint them i just havent had time to actually sit there and do it. probably goig to do it tonight i think it looks soo.. well... ugly! lol
Old December 2nd, 2009, 06:10 PM

who ever said that guys dont pay attention to the small things lied.. on sunday the guy im dating came over for a little before he went back home for school he livesd about 2 hrs away and my nails were horrible.. long and the polish had chipped and he made a comment about it saying: that they looked like a 5 yrs nails" haha soo right when he left i fixed them which i had been meaning too but i just got caught up in different things
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:55 PM

I don't think that people actually pay attention to nails like that lol.

My nail polish is all chipped up right now and I can are less really. But then again thats always been me. I want to get acrylic done though so my nails can look nice and stuff like that. But I think I'll do it myself with the glue and stuff like that. I did it before and it was really nice actually. I just need to go to the pharmacy and get some.
Old February 10th, 2010, 05:43 PM

yeah my mom does the same thing.. but i hate ti as well its kinda embarassing lol espeically if your showing your hands to other ppl or guys , idunno i think so at least.. im about to fall asleep. can someone help keep me entertained pleaasseee.
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:33 PM

the trick that i have when i do my nails is i let every coat i put on Dry compleatly before applying another coat.. i usually do 2 coats of the nail hardner with acrylic then after those two coats are compleatly dry i put on a polish of color and then add my top coat and they usually dont chip. a trick if they do chip it to use a q-tip with nail polish remover, sightly blend the lines and repaint the chipped spot and it should work as a cover up