Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old September 19th, 2009, 01:43 PM

Default Train at home?

I've been unable to go to the gym because of my work for the last 2-3 months, and I anticipate I won't be able to head back for at least another 2 more. This has been cuasing my waistline to grow bigger, so I was thinking of exercising around the home, even though I don't have any equipment, and all I can do is pushups and situps. Can anyone else give me suggestions on how to workout at home? (Like certain exercises to work out, and stuff.)
Old September 26th, 2009, 01:47 PM

I'm thinking the best way to exercise is to be creative with your workout. If you got staircases in your house, you may want to try running up and down the stairs and keep a consistent pace so you'd be able to do some excellent cardio. Another thing you can do is check out some workout books and see if it can give you ideas for exercises.

Good luck~~!
Old September 26th, 2009, 03:25 PM

For cardio you could try jump ropes or jumping jacks. Maybe buy a few weights so you can do them at home? I think push ups and sit-ups are great also. Just don't forget the cardio!
Old September 29th, 2009, 02:52 PM

you can also try exercises like squats. if you cant afford to buy weights canned food works great just make sure to use two cans of the same thing so u get the same results. if you have a pool try swimming laps its the best overall work out. riding a bike nightly if you have time and live in a safe neighborhood. call up a friend and go for a power walk those things can all help keep you in shape. hope it works 4 you!
Old October 3rd, 2009, 03:25 PM

Personally, I'd just keep running and using stairs if you got them. Since you can't afford the gym, you may want to try being creative, as someone said up there. All the suggestions here would be a great idea, you just need to try them.

I know I will, hahaha.
Old October 10th, 2009, 01:09 PM

There was a website called the 100 pushup test that I heard about and started a while back, it was pretty good since I managed to get up to 50 before I got busy with life. However, before then, I was pretty fit, so I recommend that if you're looking to tone your arms and chest. At least, that's what I recommend.
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:43 AM

You can visit different web sites that may help you with the work out processes such as Google or you can go on youtube and look up videos of different workouts. You can also purchase workout dvds, they aren't that expensive. They would give you more of a step by step explanation on whatever work out you choose.
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:31 PM

Its tough trying to figure out how to do work outs at home without equiptment. There are websites that you can go to like youtube and other sites through google that give you step by step expamles of work outs. I have a couple that I do, but they are extremely difficult to explain. But I've noticed that youtube shows those same examples on their website.

Good luck with your work out plan!!
Old February 8th, 2010, 04:49 PM

If you go to biglots or kmart or even ross...they have work out dvds for under 5 bucks sometimes those are amazing....especially if you get one on aerobics or yoga. Then you'll be burning calories with out even realizing it really. I love working out to those kinds of stuff and I always have fun doing it. Especially if you have a guy instructor...their wordings are hilarious because they're trying to reach a female crowd.
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:52 PM

I do the dvd thing too. I find it really easy to do and it doens't take up that much time which is good. Also its in your own home so you can do it in your pjs if you felt like it. Most of the DVDs aren't even that expensive and they work like magic. Its amazing really. Well atleast I think so. It just depends on the type of person you are.