Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old November 25th, 2009, 02:42 PM

I recommend you switch to something else to get your mind off of soda. I think juice would be a good recommendation since juice is USUALLY healthier for you, tends to taste as sweet if not sweeter than soda, and is not carbonated. I'd try that, but if that doesn't work, try water or tea.
Old December 11th, 2009, 05:35 PM

Yeah I think just try to replace it with another type of drink. whether it is juice, water, or smoothies. I really like smoothies because they can be really healthy if you make them yourself because if you buy it out they tend to put a lot of sugar in it but if you make it yourself you can control what is put into it. so yeah i think the best way to get rid of the addiction is to replace it with something healthier.
Old December 12th, 2009, 04:02 PM

I actualyl saw this on the Dr Oz show. Suger is addicting. The body will become addicted to it. You will have to ease out of it and replace the addition with healthy changes. he challenged this lady to cutout all suger from her diet and a month later she had dropped something like 30 pounds just from not eating/drinking suger!
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:53 PM

the way i quit drinking soda was to just stop cold turkey and only drink tea and juice and the was the best way to cut soda out of my regular diet. i think there are plenty of other things that one should drink mainly water.. i became sick from only drinking soda and so thats when i learned i need to start drinking stuff other than soda.. i learned to drink water tea and lemonaid. those things are the best.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 02:12 PM

You shouldn't go all out and completely quit all at once. You should probably ease yourself off of it gradually. So then you can have an easier time to adjust to not drinking it at all. Like inside of drinking 3 or 4 a day cut down to 2 or 3...something like that. Work in baby steps....not in giant leaps. its like the turtle and the rabbit race...