Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old September 19th, 2009, 01:06 PM

Default Help! I can't stop drinking soda! D:

I noticed lately, I've had more and more of an addiction to sodas. I only use to have one can in a day or two, but because I've been so busy, I've been having 3 cans a day, and sometimes, maybe a 32-oz when I'm at 7-11. D: I need to get off the stuff because I've been gaining weight, but it's too good. Any tips on how to not drink anymore and not feel so addicted to it?
Old September 21st, 2009, 10:58 AM

maybe im not the right person to respond to this thread haha because i heardly ever drink soda.. like the last soda i had was a cherry coke on saturday abd fore that i hadnt had soda in over a month or so.. maybe even longer... and the only reason i had that soda is because i was at a party and they ran out of water..

other then that i just drink water.. or lemonade when i go out haha.
Old September 24th, 2009, 10:54 AM

i know what you mean!! i was in that crazy phase before. i blame my dad for buying soda and leaving them all cold in the fridge because that's the only reason why i had so much.. when it's all warm i wouldn't even get near it.. the only way is to stay away from it!! it's bad for your teeth too!!
Old September 26th, 2009, 01:58 PM

The only thing that I can really recommend is to try and treat it like an addiction, like start very slow and lean off the soda...so if you had 3 cans a day, you need to have 2. Slowly, reduce yourself to one can, and then take yourself off that can, and you should be fine. Don't go cold turkey, or else you'll totally be rebounding
Old October 3rd, 2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally Simmons View Post
The only thing that I can really recommend is to try and treat it like an addiction, like start very slow and lean off the soda...so if you had 3 cans a day, you need to have 2. Slowly, reduce yourself to one can, and then take yourself off that can, and you should be fine. Don't go cold turkey, or else you'll totally be rebounding
I definately agree with this. I don't drink as much soda as I used to, but I still drink a can a day (I think I'm fine with this). However, if you're still soda-guzzling, I would still try to do what Ally said and treat it like an addiction.

Otherwise, good luck with your not-drinking-soda~
Old October 10th, 2009, 01:28 PM

Diet Cola sounds like a good alternative, although i know that ain't too healthy either. At the very least, diet cola has zero calories, so you won't be gaining any weight from it.

At leas,t that's what I think. It's better not to drink soda in general, but Diet Cola has at least zero calories, so maybe switch to that.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 04:18 PM

Yeah I am really addicted to soda too but I guess I dont have it as bad as you but if I see it then I just want it. So like my parents dont buy any soda and I am too lazy to go out and buy it so I pretty much only drink it when I go out and eat otherwise I just drink juice and lemonade. I think you can try to probably stop buying it for your house and instead buy lemonade which i think taste really good haha. its a good alternative.
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:15 PM

I agree with Lulu. It's best to stick with lemonade or juices.However, depending on where you go and where you buy it, some of them may have higher sugar levels, so I'd go with checking out the labels first before you buy.

Good luck~
Old October 26th, 2009, 11:03 AM

I understand completely. I had to ease myself away from my soda addiction. I couldn't just up and quit. I slowly just stop drinkin it by cutting down how much I bought and drank per day. It was hard at first because I used Coke as my pick me up and to help me stay awake. So as a result I started drinking coffee which isn't that good for you either. Right now I stick to juices and water because their healthier by far. And at the end of the day I'm not as groggy as I was when I drank soda and coffee. I hated that feeling
Old October 31st, 2009, 04:53 PM

I stopped drinking soda a few years ago. While soda is good, I could never get past that myth that it eats away your teeth and lowers the thickness of your bones....it scared me a lot when I was little, but otherwise, yeah, I stopped drinking and never looked back.