Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old September 17th, 2009, 03:29 PM

Default How old do you prefer..

giving your child soda for the first time? i've seen like little 2 years old sipping on coke already. i was just wondering, what age would you prefer giving your child soda. personally, i think when all their teeth kicks in. i mean nothing crazy though but a sip or two won't really hurt. as long as they keep up with the brushing in the morning and night.
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:31 PM

well once my nephew was about 9 months old he was able to drink out of a staw and when ever he would see a straw he would want some.. well most of the time we had soda in our cups so we allowed him to drink soda in small amounts which proved to be fine. he grew up and his teeth grew in just fine. so i think it just depends on the parents i would say in moderation.. it should be fine..
Old October 17th, 2009, 05:55 PM

I don't like to give them soda unless its a special treat, like their birthday. I don't keep soda in the house either. Its so bad for you! I replace it with water and real juice. I'd rather give them a fruit smoothie than a glass of coke. At least they are getting some vitamines. I think its important to stress healthy eating even at young ages in order to get them in good habits.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 04:30 PM

I think dont get them started too young I think that drinking soda is a bad habit especially these days because all the obese kids there are. I think really seldom like maybe for a special treat or something and probably only like sprite or 7up nothing colored like coke or fanta. I mean sprite is not that bad for because sometimes doctors even recommend it when you are sick cuz i know my little cousins doctor recommends him drinking sprite when he is sick cuz yeah they dont really buy soda in there house so he always tells me alot about when he is sick.
Old October 28th, 2009, 01:10 PM

I remember when I was younger the only time I drank soda was when I had a stomach ache...they gave me canada dry ginger ale. Besides that I never really drank soda until I was in 4th or 5th grade. I drank alot of juices and stuff like that and my parents never had soda in the house. So there was no where for me to get any. Even in high school I couldn't drink soda because I was in sports and my coach made it clear that we weren't allowed too...
Old November 16th, 2009, 03:35 PM

i tink my mom gave me soda too young beacuase i have a little brother and his teeth are nice and perfect becaseu he want allowed to have soda.. and i rememebr being his age becaseu i dodnt have any teeth what soever.
Old November 17th, 2009, 04:26 PM

i dont really care weather or not a child drinks soda long as its not massive amounts. i grew up drinking soda but i dont think it is a bad thing to limit the consumption amount. and makesure that you teach them good brushing habits and teach them to use mouth wash as well that way they dont let the sugar from the soda sit on their teeth,
Old February 16th, 2010, 05:36 PM

im not to stoked on the idea of soda at a very young age but then again alot of these juices that they have out on the shelves are soo full of sugar im not sure that its even much diffrent then giving a child a soda. it all comes with limits, if you limit you kids to a certain amount of sugar drinks they should be fine..
Old February 16th, 2010, 06:45 PM

i dont believe in giving young kids candy or soda as anytype of rewards.. i think that just encourages young children to become obease and to think they deserve food as a reward for any thing that they do. which is wrong.. there is nothing wrong with giving children soda but i just choose not to give my children any soda when they eat simply because i really want to encourage them to eat more healthy meals.
Old February 27th, 2010, 04:07 PM

I think personally, kids can drink soda when they're around......7-8, I think. I don't think it's really a great idea for them to start drinking soda when they're really young, but I imagine that by then, they'll have soda at a school party or something like that.

So that age is fine for me.