Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Sexual Health

Old September 17th, 2009, 02:34 PM

Default does chocolate really help?

okay.. so it's been said tha chocolate 'puts you in the mood'. who believes that? have i been eating the wrong type of chocolate then? because everytime i eat chocolate i don't feel like i'm in the mood.. i feel normal. or oysters??
Old September 19th, 2009, 01:37 PM

I know chocolate does something....I think all it does is really help you release endorphines if I remember correctly, and those simply affect how happy you are. I personally think that it's more of a placebo effect. When you eat it, you think yourself that it's creating a mood, but it's really you.

I'm probably wrong, though.
Old September 21st, 2009, 12:18 PM

no your right it relases .. damn i have the name on the tip of my tounge.. seartopa... no thats not it.. well anyways im having a memory issue right now haha anyways .. ppl just say that because oysters are an afrodisiac
Old October 3rd, 2009, 04:00 PM

Would that be endorphins? I'm not sure if that is the word, but I think oysters is a good aphrodisiac as well.

But yeah, I think it does release some sort of substance or steroid or ....something in your body and stimulates that, but only a small dose. I imagine for people who ate a lot of chocolate, they wouldn't feel way into the mood, haha.
Old October 17th, 2009, 05:35 PM

I believe that its suppose to be dark chocolate that does that. I'm not sure, I don't care for chocolate that much. I know there are places that you can buy special chocoloates that are suppose to get you in the mood, but I don't know if they really work. I think the best way to get into the mood is having a good partner that does it for you, lol.
Old October 19th, 2009, 10:57 AM

I've heard that too but I don't know its never worked on me. I'm going to have to research more on that. It seems possible though because chocolate does make you happy and feel more relaxed. Maybe i'm not eating the right chocolate at the right time either. But i heard that it only releases those hormones...i dont even remember what they're called...in small doses so it really doesn't cause a drastic difference but it might just be the little push you need.
Old October 20th, 2009, 02:26 PM

i have heard that dark chocolate made with real coco is what does the trick. i have also heard of creams and other things that also work and put you in the mood instantly. there are other things aswell such as taking a relaxing bath together, snugglng in your pjs on a rainny day or even giving/getting a massage from your partner can also help put you in the mood.
Old October 21st, 2009, 05:30 PM

i have no idea if it really helps to be honest.. but i mean it never hurts to try after all they are aphrodisiac's and iot susppoe to put you in the mood or remind you of sex
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontisha View Post
i have no idea if it really helps to be honest.. but i mean it never hurts to try after all they are aphrodisiac's and iot susppoe to put you in the mood or remind you of sex
I think it's suppoosed to work, but I've honestly never tried that before. I just seems way too good to be true,and whenever sex happened, it never occured with the assistance of chcolate. So I have no opinion about this.
Old October 31st, 2009, 05:07 PM

I think chocolate is supposed to release some form of endorphin or some chemical. When it does, it helps as an aphrodisiac, but I'm not 100% if it's effective or not. I know people that love chocolate, but are not consistently turned on all the time, haha. XD