Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Consumer Electronics

Old September 17th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Default USB sticks

okay, so school is back in session and i need help choosing a usb stick. i use some before that doesn't really have a specific brand and they suck. sometimes they work on my computer and other times they don't. so i was planning to go for a sandisk. i always liked it. but is there any other brands i should go for that is up there with sandisk? i need at least 16gb. thanks!
Old September 17th, 2009, 03:09 PM

yeah i been through that before. i had one that didn't have any specific barnd to it and the first time i used it.. it was good.. but after a couple of times my computer couldn't read the file.. or if it did and i didn't ahve anything in the usb i wouldn't be able to move it in EVEN if it was 8gb. go with a sandisk. i remember at costco there was one point where they were selling 2 sandisk 16gb for 40 bux! pretty cheap!!
Old September 21st, 2009, 11:16 AM

yeah you can always find great buys at costco haha.. i remember in middle school or like elementary school where we use to use disk haha i remember buying them from like the library .. now now we are soo high tech hahaha jk.. i have a sandisk stick and it works very well.
Old September 26th, 2009, 02:04 PM

Sandisk is really good in my opinon. I am thinking another good brand would be Memorex.

However, I think it depends on the device as well as the card itself. Sometimes, the card will not be so good, and sometimes, the device won't read. I ended up getting a 1GB card, and it didn't work at all. @_@

Ah well...I think Sandisk should be reliable.
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:01 PM

alot of the "off brand" usb sticks tend to be alot more sensitive and only work on certain computers with certain programs. so be careful when choosing. the bigger the name probably the more common it is and the more systems it will be compatible with. you can go also to a best buy and ask them what they would reccomend and that way you can choose and they can help you decide which would work best for your needs.
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:31 AM

I had a kingston is that sandisk?idk...but then i lost it
Its been hard for me to try and replace it because i know like everything else that i loose...once i get a new one the old one shows up. I hate when that happens so i've been stalling for the past couple of weeks trying to figure out what to do. Thank goodness that they're not that expensive anymore. I remember when I got my first one it was 512 memory and it cost 30 thats aropund 10 bucks at someplaces. I just might give in and by me another one...mostlikely a kingston becuase I trust them and never had any problems with it.
Old October 30th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Default Usb

Yeah I have a kingston one I think I got it free somewhere but yeah it works really well. I also have scandisk and that works really well too. All mine are free ones because my dad goes to computer shows a lot and they are always giving out USB's and well I havent had any trouble with them so I am very content. I think yeah just go with scandisk they are a trusted brand and a good price especially at costco.
Old October 31st, 2009, 05:47 PM

Sandisk, Memorex, Kingston, and.....There.......there was one that started with a C...........CORSAIR!

Those three usually have good reputations with disk storage, so I'd go with them. Sandisk is especially nice, I've been using one of their micro SD cards for years, and it's worked out so far.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:50 AM

I seriously need to get a USB stick. I can't find mine and i've been putting off getting a new one for ever. Maybe I just need to just go to the store and pick one up. But I really dont want to do that because then i might find my lost one. It always happens to me. Aleast their not that expensive.
Old November 25th, 2009, 03:48 PM

Sandisk is really really good from what I heard. I also recommend what Harmony recommended, the big brands are usually reliable, so I would go with those, especially since you're carrying data. Personally, I'd go with two sticks so you can back your files up on another stick safely.