Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old September 17th, 2009, 01:55 PM

Default Teenage drinking?

how do you guys feel about teenage drinking under the age limit? i mean we all been a teenager once and been in that phase.. these kind of things is unevitable.. so do you think it should be lowered or kept the way it is?
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:26 PM

there is a diffrence between american individuals and ones from another country because many children are taught moderation when they were younger so once they his a certain age it is totally ok for them to drink. they tend to not benge drink as much as american teens. they are compleatly awear of the dangers of drinking too much and the other things that come along with alcoholism.
Old October 16th, 2009, 05:30 PM

The problem is not the age limit, but the education about what drinking will do to you and how to be responsible. My mother drinks, a lot, and I was allow to drink if I wanted to. This didnt mean I'd come home from school and pop open a cold one. Drinking isnt the problem, its how much we drink in one sitting. If your drinking to just get drunk, well thats when you have teenagers drinking until they die. Educate them, expose them and help them make responsible choices is what I think.
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:03 AM

Its not the age limit that's the problem I feel but its the fact that the teenagers aren't being taught how to moderate their intake of alchol. Most people just tell them 'oh, you're not supposed to be drinking anyways' and they do just the opposite like they mostly do everything else. If parents would talk about it more and not make it seem like such a horrible foreign thing it won't pose as such an importance becuase its forbidden. The drinking age to most teens doesn't matter becuase they have access to it alchol easily. Every "teenage" party you go to has alchol its just not taken in in moderation.
Old October 20th, 2009, 04:51 PM

when i was under the 21 age limit i was allowed only to drink in certain places or for certain occasions. i had my first drink as a sophmore in highschool, i clearly remembered it and it was new castle. well it wasnt always allowed by my parents but the decided that they would rather have me drink under their super vision rather that at a party or something like that. i think it is ok and would probably let my children drink a sip or two.. no im not going to offer them drinks nor will i buy it just for them but im not totally going to ban it from them long as they are acting responsible.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 04:25 PM

I dont know my parents were ok with me drinking like a little even when i was really little like i think in fourth grade was the first time i tried this drink that tasted like soda but had alcohol i dont know what its called but it tasted like strawberry soda because of the very low contact of alcohol. and when i was little i would just go sniff wines and beers and i never really liked the smell so I still have never drank more than like have a cup. in japan i drank some sake but i mean it was at a restaurant and there i think they just give it to everyone cuz i definitely dont look 21 but yeah they give it to you cuz it keeps you warm and its like just a shot glass of it and i have to admit it has a good first taste but the aftertaste is horrible.
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:53 PM

My parents were okay with letting me drink, i think the biggest lesson they taught me was to simply exercise caution and responsibility with my actions, regardless of what I did drinkingor not. Personally....I wouldn't mind having it lowered to 18, but then again, I don't particular care about the limit since people are going to be drinking even before then,y a know. It's a part of life as far as I can tell.
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:39 PM

i think the drinking age can be kept the same because if it gets lowered teens will begin drinking even younger. i remember i started drinking around 16. that was about the age when i started going to partys and having alcohol. i have learned to be careful because my parents had taught me good morals! i was never allowed to drink underage by my parents but as everybody knows teens do things there not allowed to.
Old November 11th, 2009, 05:27 PM

personally i think it all depends on the maturity level. we all know not to drink and drive its drilled into our heads. its basically following the rules.. and when you do it you feel like your doing something wrong.
i find it a little odd that you can vote, jouin the army be charged asn an dult fro rimes. but you cant drink.. i think everything should be all of the same age.. so either moving all those things to the age 21 or bring one down.
Old November 11th, 2009, 07:06 PM

its funny becasue i remmeber my first drink i thin i was a junior in highschool. and i never did anythign bad.. now i hate hard alcohol and thats all i use to drink back then.. now i like beer but i dont drinksoo much that i dont remember anything the next day. thats out of conrtrol