Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old September 17th, 2009, 01:53 PM

Default Protein shakes

my brother is getting back into that work out mode and he's wondering what kind of protein shake he can go with. something that will help him build muscle mass. have anyone ever heard of muscle milk? they come in like different flavors.. or is there any other specific brand he can check out?
Old September 19th, 2009, 01:09 PM

I personally do not like using protein shakes or any of those health drinks when it comes to working out mainly because if you watch your eating habits and make sure you eat right, it's much better than drinking a shake packed with vitamins. However, at the most, they do work as very quick breakfasts if you have a bagel to go along with it.

I'd recommend not using protein shakes as part of the workout curriculum, however, and only use it on the side.
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:01 AM

ive had portein shakes.. but i still stick to my smoothies.. i really am starting to become addicted to them its kinda sad haha. i live not to far from a robeks. and i think last week i was there about .. 6 times. there smoothines are just great
Old October 3rd, 2009, 03:31 PM

I personally would not recommend protein shakes as a main aspect of your brother's diet, they are more of a supplement. If anything, they should only be used to enhance your diet, or if you do not eat a single meal, it may work if it has a lot of nutrients, but otherwise, no.
Old November 7th, 2009, 04:05 PM

Default Shakes and sterods

I've got a lot of friends who are serious about sports and working out. Not a single one of them uses shakes or anything of that sort. Instead, they change their diet to include all those things they are going to need to feed their bodies. Also, on the news the other day was how some of these 'sport' and 'muscle building' shakes, and drinks actually have some really bad chemicals, like sterods, in them. The FDA doesn't regulate what is inside of these things, so be careful.
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:34 PM

I remember when my brother got me into the whole protein shake thing because he was on the wrestling team...I did it with him for about a week then I couldn't take it anymore. Those things were so nasty and disgusting. THe strawberry flavored one wasn't that bad but thats not saying much. He stuck with it though...more power to him. But atleast I got to try it and see what it was like. NEVER AGAIN!!!
Old January 6th, 2010, 01:57 PM

Protein shacks are soo nasty. I don't know how people can do it. My boyfriend was...is into the whole protien shake thing And I took a sip of his one day and it wasn't bad at first...kinda fruity but then I drank some more and then somemore...and its nastly after about the 3rd or 4th sip...I keep asking him how he could stomach it. He keeps telling me its good for him...especially being a Thrower. But man things he does for the sport he loves...I love track but not that much.
Old February 8th, 2010, 04:46 PM

I agree that they are nasty (most) but there are some that acutally taste pretty good...just stay way from the fruity kind of tasting ones. Vanilla works best I think...thats the most tasty....you can try Chocolate but Vanilla taste's way better. And you should go to a Vitamin store and check it out. Those usually have more variety than going to a regular store.
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:56 PM

I don't like protein shakes either. But they do have those flavored powders that you can add to it to make it taste a little better. Most people get used to the nasty taste and just eat it like whatever. But I can't handle the taste its unbearable. If you guys know any that tastes really good right off the bat. Put it on here. please do!!!
Old February 24th, 2010, 01:52 PM

I don't see whats soo bad about protein shakes. They're acutally pretty good and can be tasty. Just add some natural fruit to the mix like bananas or strawberry...something thats smooth when you blend it and it really gives it an extra flavor...even if the fruit doesn't match up with the flavor you got. I really like protein shakes...they give me a real pick up in the morning.