Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Hair & Nail

Old September 15th, 2009, 03:25 PM

Default other than acrylic nails?

i like getting my nails done. but that's just not too too often. i like the feeling of someone pampering my hands. it's a nice feeling. but after they grow out and they look like a mess you just want to take them off.. and taking them off is HELL!! so is there any other options to doll up your nails besides using acrylic?
Old September 16th, 2009, 02:46 PM

i couldnt agree more. i hate how my nails look after i kinda just stick too painting them myself now.. i mean dont get me wrong i love having my nails done.. but like you said.. taking them off.. not so much its seriously a pain. and then your nails look so gross after.
Old September 17th, 2009, 02:45 PM

painting my nails is always fun... doing the fake ones are nice but they hurt. i remember one time when i was trying to take them off.. man it was a b....i... gahh.. i ripped out my real nail.. blood was oozing out.. and i was standing there freaking out to mom.. telling her i don't know what to do!! should i just leave my nail dangling or clip it off! thats one of the reasons why i really don't want to do it anymore. =/
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:57 PM

i think silk wrap is diffrent. i think it does the same thing as the acrylic nails but it is not used the same way so i dont think it damages your nails as bad at the other ones do i think i would ask your nail lady and also google and do some research just to make sure and if you do get fake nails and u only keep them on for 2 weeks and take them off my soaking in nailpolish remover it dosent leave your nails all ugly..
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:28 PM

Default gel

Like silk wraps, gel nails are different. Gel allows your nails to actually to breathe through all that pretty length. Of course, you can try just getting your nails airbrushed without having fake nails done at all. And just getting a manicure is so nice. My nails are long so I don't bother with the fake ones, and its cheaper in the long run.
Old November 13th, 2009, 04:43 PM

Yeah I hate it when you have to take the acrylic nails and they like ruin your nails and make them look super ugly. I also dont really like the feel of acrylic nails. I love how they look but i seriously hate how they feel and just want to take them off after like a few days which is super hard since they are freaking glued like shut one time i was so annoyed with them and since i couldnt take them off i just cut them haha so it was like i had super thick nails but at least i didnt have the weird feeling anymore i dont know i just think it feels weird when i put on clothes and all that. i wish there was easier ways to take them off.
Old November 16th, 2009, 01:03 PM

i miss being able tog et my acrylic nails.. i mean i still can but it slows me down at work.. i work on a computer all dat soo typing slow is not the way to go. haha and the nails do just that they slow me down.